Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 02-11-2019, 05:57 PM   #1

2014 Rough House

i was having issues with my rh50 had a buddy check it out only to find it only has around 40psi of compression i know nothing about scooters so my question is what do i need to buy to fix my issue? any advice on this and parts for my scooter would be greatly appreciated i live in marietta georgia if that info helps in any way.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-11-2019, 11:01 PM   #2

If it starts at all, its not compression. I always have to do multiple compression test and average the numbers. I have found all compression gauges seem to leak somewhere. What was it doing before it "died"? Genuine makes a quality product, and they dont fail without a cause. Besides, you cant just throw new parts on it without determining what caused the initial failure. The original problem will just come back again and again till its fixed. More info please. How many miles, mods (aftermarket exhaust, pod air filter, etc.), service history, brand of 2-stroke oil used, any crash damage, missing parts (muffler, airbox, etc.), anything else of interest?