Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 04-28-2021, 12:00 AM   #1

How to drain my fuel tank Metro CHF50

I need to get all my old fuel out of my tank and probably also rinse/clean it. I pulled the carb already. Is there a method I can use to flush the tank where it sits or do I have to yank it?

2007 Honda Metro

Nochain

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-29-2021, 12:34 PM   #2

There should be 2 hose running to the petcock under the tank...... Wait, the Metro has a fuel pump. Under normal circumstances you just disconnect the vacuum line that opens the petcock and pull suction (I use a Shop Vac) and the petcock will open, allowing you to drain the fuel. I've worked on Metro's several times but have yet to ever have to drain the tank. You might be able to just disconnect the fuel line and open the gas cap?
Old 04-30-2021, 08:04 PM   #3

Thanks I ended up yanking the tank because to replace the filter you kinda have to do this anyway. So I pulled the tank, cleaned it out replaced the fuel filter and lines and cranked it a few times to expel the fuel in the line to the carb. I completely disassembled the carb and cleaned it out and replaced all the gaskets. Not very hard after working on a Yamaha 600CC quad carb racing set up lol. With the mods I made to the variator I now can make 45MPH and I am 175lbs. She scoots really well.

Login or Register to Remove Ads