Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 11-27-2021, 07:52 PM   #1

Hello from Belleview Florida

Hi everyone. Well getting back into the saddle once again. Back in high school in 1986 I bought a Honda Elite 150 Deluxe and back then new I paid less than $1000 and only was required to have a regular drivers license. I rode and maintained that bike until mid 90s when I sold it to another high school student. From what I have read and seen I see how much things have changed. I recently bought a Benelli X50 as a project and learned alot about this bike, a great bargain for only $100 but needs a tune as not currently running. Also bought a 2005? Qingqi 50cc 2 stroke bike that fires up but has problems running. Previous owner said he replaced the carb and battery but it still didn't run without manually adding fuel to it. The motor is a d1e41qmb engine and he put a PZ15 carb on it. The bike has a vacuum petcock valve on the tank and manually testing it works but ..... BUT he never connected the vacuum line to anything so it doesn't operate, hence wont run. He sold it to me for $50 as a "lost cause". I read up that actually these were decently built bikes with a good reputation so I feel I got another good bargain. Well the Benelli will be my ride and my wife will ride the Qingqi when I finish tuning them but .... Again BUT knowing the reputation and ability of the Benelli I need to do some extra tuning to the Qingqi to make it keep up with me. Not wanting to add a big bore kit I would rather just do a clutch/ variator tune and maybe a better carb if possible to give it the needed OOMPH. Any advice would help and I will get pictures of each on here so if anyone can help ID the Qingqi that would be awesome.
2005? Qingqi 50cc 2 stroke (2021)
2008 Benelli Andretti X50 2 stroke (2021)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-11-2021, 11:17 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it!