Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 03-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #106

If it's around the same price but not the same brand. I've tried my local craigslist but most people on there have torn up their scooters or have the same brand at about the same price for used or have name brand that's way out of my price range.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #107

my tao was alright when i got it, luck of the draw really
hoca big valve head 16/50 gears
9.25 gram dr pulley sliders koso variator 1.5k torque spring
orange coil orange unlimted cdi
uni filter
gates premium belt
2012 taotao vip cy50a scrappys 110cc big bore kit 52mm "88cc"
100 main jet 38 idle iridium plug custom paint, leds and decals alarm system
naraku hd crankshaft
Old 03-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #108

Tao's are really the cheapest scoots to get nowadays. Problemless with a good PDI.
My suggestion, if you're going chinese, KISS (Keep It Simply Simple).
The bigger the bike, the more complex it becomes, the more things can go wrong.
Sometimes it's more annoying having a glove box light not working, than never having one. It makes you feel like the scoot is breaking down.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigit View Post
Problemless with a good PDI.
It sounds kinda' like there wasn't one at all in this case. Probably never even fired it up, given all the running issues from the start.

~SM
Old 03-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman View Post
It sounds kinda' like there wasn't one at all in this case. Probably never even fired it up, given all the running issues from the start.

~SM
Don't know what you're talking about.
I got 2 tao's, the ATM has given me zero problems, save for a few modifications I made myself, and some oil changes. If I wouldn't have done a PDI on it, it would still ride around without problems.

The EVO150 I have I just had to fasten some bolts, and do some hose-work.
And so far, so good.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #111

interesting
Old 03-15-2013, 08:25 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdsj View Post
Hey everyone. Sorry I ended up just taking it back to get my money back. The lady that issues the checks will be in tomorrow so I'll get my money then. So I'm sorry I took up everyone's time. I appreciate all the help I got. Thank you.
tried to warn you.....suggest you look for a Znen built scoot....night-n-day difference in quality
Old 03-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #113

My cousin has the atm which is basically the same scooter. But he didn't have any problems. So ya luck of the draw and I understand the glove light theory. @hardd1 sadly I live out in a country wasteland surrounded by highways and I don't have a truck to haul the scooter back to my area so trying to find someone with a znen scooter wasn't and still isn't an option unfortunately. There are only two places within 60 miles of here that sell scooters the shelburn location and terre haute location and sadly both of them are owned by the same guy that I bought mine from which still only sells tao. So since I am good with computers I've decided to up my business and start collecting payments through paypal for online work i do. This way it's less likely I will have the cash to spend it and can save up for a nicer name brand scooter. I'm thinking the zuma or sr50 although I don't know what the prices range on the sr50 i've heard a lot of good things about them and also seen them online, which don't tell me much but I admit I like the digital display on them. One thing I liked about my tao though is it had the brightest lights I had on any of my scooters. Lit up a good 150 foot stretch of country road with the lights on high. As of for the pdi thing I'm not sure I follow on that part. Sorry
Old 03-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #114

great choice...nothing better than a 2-stroke 50cc....more power...less maintainence
Old 03-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdsj View Post
My cousin has the atm which is basically the same scooter. But he didn't have any problems. So ya luck of the draw and I understand the glove light theory. @hardd1 sadly I live out in a country wasteland surrounded by highways and I don't have a truck to haul the scooter back to my area so trying to find someone with a znen scooter wasn't and still isn't an option unfortunately. There are only two places within 60 miles of here that sell scooters the shelburn location and terre haute location and sadly both of them are owned by the same guy that I bought mine from which still only sells tao. So since I am good with computers I've decided to up my business and start collecting payments through paypal for online work i do. This way it's less likely I will have the cash to spend it and can save up for a nicer name brand scooter. I'm thinking the zuma or sr50 although I don't know what the prices range on the sr50 i've heard a lot of good things about them and also seen them online, which don't tell me much but I admit I like the digital display on them. One thing I liked about my tao though is it had the brightest lights I had on any of my scooters. Lit up a good 150 foot stretch of country road with the lights on high. As of for the pdi thing I'm not sure I follow on that part. Sorry
There seems to be a lot of difference between the more expensive VIP scooters, and the cheaper ATM scoots.
For some reason these ATM scoots just outperform, and surprise a lot of people, while the VIP's I see all the time in the garages and repair shops in South Beach Miami.
Don't know what's wrong with them...

Old 03-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #116

my vip runs like a champ but ive replaced almost all the parts
hoca big valve head 16/50 gears
9.25 gram dr pulley sliders koso variator 1.5k torque spring
orange coil orange unlimted cdi
uni filter
gates premium belt
2012 taotao vip cy50a scrappys 110cc big bore kit 52mm "88cc"
100 main jet 38 idle iridium plug custom paint, leds and decals alarm system
naraku hd crankshaft
Old 03-18-2013, 01:44 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by millsc View Post
my vip runs like a champ but ive replaced almost all the parts
That, AND you know how to fix scoot problems.
A lot of people down here, don't know, so for them, it goes to the mechanic.

Tags
chinese, tao, vip