Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 04-04-2019, 12:43 AM   #1

Local Area Two Wheeler Hoarder

Hiya everyone! I'm Mercedes from a small city just south of the Wisconsin-Illinois border.

As you can probably see by my signature, I kinda have a thing for two wheeled contraptions. I love them all. Give me a GY6, give me a sportbike, give me a bagger, they'll all put a smile on my face. I got my license in June 2018 and have since purchased 12 bikes (and sold 5 along the way). Right now my stable is comfortable at 7. Older bikes are given nautical names, be it gods, ships, or oceans.

I'm here because I'm diving head first into scooters this year. Last year I picked up a Ruckus clone with a 150cc GY6 to use on a Gambler 500 rally. That didn't go to plan and instead my daily driver car took on the challenge. Later in the year I picked up a supposedly broken CF Moto Fashion 250 (Honda Helix clone) to use as my winter beater motorcycle. I revived it once, rode it for a month, then it died in late December. I revived it yet again a couple weeks ago through replacing a bunch of parts I didn't replace in the first revival and now it's running like a top. It certainly earned the "Phoenix" name.

I thought about running it for this year's Gambler 500, but I love it too much to hurt it like that. Instead, I'm parting ways with the Chuckus and will instead find a really beat, but faster scooter to do the job. The plan will be to take a scooter where no scooter should ever see itself going. Build will be posted here and maybe I can reboot my YouTube channel, too.

1972 Yamaha U7E "Endeavour"
1972 Yamaha DT175 "World Discoverer"
1980 Honda GL1100 (naked) "Poseidon"
1982 Suzuki GS850G "Atlantic"
1986 Honda Elite 150D "Imperator Slowiosa II"
1996 Honda CBR600F3 "Concorde"
2009 CF Moto Fashion 250 "Phoenix"

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-04-2019, 02:34 AM   #2

Welcome to ScootDawg! Wow, you've got quite a collection already! I'm the same way.. there's always something I want and the hoard just gets bigger, even though I'm running out of space quickly. lmao

Hope you enjoy the forum!
Old 04-04-2019, 05:35 AM   #3

I've been to Wisconsin on a business trip. Beautiful country roads out there. It's no wonder you love to ride.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-04-2019, 02:56 PM   #4

Thanks you two! Yeaaah I'm already eyeballing my next toy, too. There's a Honda Elite 150 nearby that'll be perfect for this project of mine.

1972 Yamaha U7E "Endeavour"
1972 Yamaha DT175 "World Discoverer"
1980 Honda GL1100 (naked) "Poseidon"
1982 Suzuki GS850G "Atlantic"
1986 Honda Elite 150D "Imperator Slowiosa II"
1996 Honda CBR600F3 "Concorde"
2009 CF Moto Fashion 250 "Phoenix"