Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 09-25-2018, 08:18 PM   #1

Hello, scooter newbie from AL here!

Hi guys, first time scooter owner and rider here. I bought a 2015 Roketa MC-31a (Zuma clone). Finally rode it (and crashed it) for the first time today.

I know that Chinese gy6 scooters need a lot of maintenance and TLC. As some with no prior experience of of anything engine related, this is going to be a learning experience for me, but I think I'm up to the challenge. I've done as much research as I can on gy6 scooters to try and minimise any potential problem before they arise. So for I've worked on replacing the lines and the filter. I've bought a set of Michelin Boppers to replace the stock tires and will have them professionally installed as soon as I'm confident enough to drive down a busy street. I also bought a magnetic drain plug kit that I'll install with the first oil change (which I'll do as soon as I can get the current drain plug off).

Well, that's all for now. If you have any beginner rider tips or general advice for a new gy6 owner it would b greatly appreciated. I'm looking looking for all the help I can get.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180925_124049.jpg (95.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180925_124111.jpg (95.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180925_124124.jpg (96.9 KB, 2 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads