Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 04-11-2014, 09:49 AM   #1

CF Moto 150i e-charm acceleration vibration

When I accelerate from a stand still, the scooter vibrates very bad, once it gets moving it accelerates very smoothly. I have a top end speed of ~65 mph. I have had this problem since the scooter was new and it now has 3,000 miles. I assumed it was a bad clutch, but someone mentioned replacing the rollers. I understand how a warped clutch outer housing could cause the problem, but I don't know enough about how the rollers work to know if this could be the problem. Could anyone give me some advise and/or explain what type clutch or roller issues I should be considering?
Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-11-2014, 06:37 PM   #2

If your rollers get flat spots on them, they dont seem to work as well.
Myself, I'd get new rollers, they are cheap, a new belt, they are cheap, and once your under the covers, blow out your clutch with a good air nozzle, you'll be amazed all the dust that comes out of it, well it did on mine anyway.
Good luck.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:21 PM   #3

Someone told me to give it more throttle at take off. I try it, and the vibration is much less. All along I thought the more I the throttle at take off, the smoother it would be. How do I know what size rollers to buy?
Thanks

Old 04-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #4

I am currently on the road, without access to parts, so I tore the drive apart and checked the rollers, they looked in great shape, I also used some fine sand paper on the clutch shoes and the clutch outer housing. The scooter seems much smoother on initial acceration. I had sanded the clutch before and it only helped for a half dozen rides. I will let you know how I make out. Thanks
Old 04-13-2014, 10:27 AM   #5

I simply always used the numbers on the tag thats fastened to the frame of my scooters,, when I seek parts at the various part houses.
But I also try and use one of our sponsers if possible.