Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2015, 08:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull View Post
My primary testing scooter was a 2009 Peace model 811 (originally thought it was an 803) that had a hidden factory 63cc. With lots of personal tuning, I was able to get it to the same capability as your BBK 100 (82).

It had great acceleration, mid range plateau, top level speed of about 38, downhill about 44 or 45. all gps verified of course.

I knew it extremely well, and could tell very quickly IF something I tried worked or not-- I don't have it anymore, someone borrowed it at nite.

Now, I am learning a new setup that is very impressive and has no mid range problems. Hopefully I can take it to a new level of performance.
I'm installing a 1500RPM Contra Spring, New 89mm Variator (along with some heavier roller experimenting), a new front rim/tire/brake caliper, a new rear tire (getting bad around the "edges"), roughen up the clutch pads some and check how that's doing... and THEN see how she runs then. The belt is still in pretty good condition as far as I can see.

What's happened is that someone installed a very nice BBK and then left the rest of the bike "stock", other than the 5 Gram Rollers in the stock 87mm variator! The a/f Ratio is dead on right now... so it's ALL in the "tuning of the CVT" now. Hopefully I can CRUISE at around 45ish and "max out" at around 50mph. I'd be super happy!

My old Metropolitan would've RAPED this thing... lol