Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > Free Classifieds > Wanted

Old 09-05-2015, 05:05 PM   #1

WTB - Muffler end for Helix/244cc

SO... riding down the highway at about 60 mph when I hear a loud banging. Look in my rear-view mirror and see a black object bouncing wildly on the road. My scooter's running fine, no issues, so I presume it was something in the road that I missed and accidentally hit.

I get home to find that, missing from the muffler, is what I can only describe as the "end cap" that covers the very back. My OCD kicks in and the next day, the wife and I go drive the same route (since I didn't think it was from my scoot, I didn't bother to note the exact place it came off (a roughly 5 mile stretch of road) looking for it. No bananas.

I've looked to see if anyone sells just this part, since I don't want to buy a new muffler assembly.

Anyway.... Looking to see if someone has one lying around. I'm willing to pay for it (+ shipping) if the cost is reasonable. Please post here or send me a PM. Thanks!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-05-2015, 10:26 PM   #2

LOL, I don't have a muffler cap, but you reminded me of my old Tao Tao. I several times had stuff fall off while I was riding down the road. Blue loc-tite is your friend.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:41 PM   #3

Definitely my fault...

I'd been a bit lax about doing a walk around lately. Had I done so, I bet I would have seen it coming loose. I'm not sure blue loctite would have helped however since the screws/bolts screw directly into the muffler. I think think the temp would get too hot for the loctite to hold...

{sigh}

Login or Register to Remove Ads