Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > Custom Builds

Old 12-15-2015, 11:51 PM   #1

Exclamation 3 Wheel Scooter "2 tires in Front"

Hey

Im currently building a 3 wheel scooter "2 tires up front" with the singe wheel in back, I went the easy route and modified a racing 4 wheeler and a scooter frame for my build, the problem being I need a motor strong enough to push this heavy thing, I thought scrappy dogs 200cc but im hearing alot of complaints about it, tires and brakes not working right, and the motor only being a 170cc, my question is for the people who has done the trikes what is the best size of motor to use on a build like this, and does any 1 know any sites for the 200cc plus sizes? and im currently waiting on my new mig welder to come in, my old welder finally bit the dust, in the mean time im getting the rest of ducks in a row.

P.S: Ill be using smaller tires up front and not the 4 wheeler style mudders.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-17-2015, 11:32 AM   #2

http://www.partsforscooters.com/ATV-Engines-Complete

[ my question is for the people who has done the trikes what is the best size of motor to use on a build like this, and does any 1 know any sites for the 200cc plus sizes? ]

No I have not built a three wheeler.
I have used these folks for parts, but did not get a complete engine from them.

I just thought it may help you.
Myself, I'd look for a older branded scooter, whatever make your comfortable with, buy it, and use that.
I'm finding older Helix's, Reflex's for cheap money, maybe some I'd need to drive for, but a good deal is always worth a few miles to me.
Good luck in your build.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:34 PM   #3

I have done a similar build but I used a 50cc Vip future champion heavily modified before the accident (front end collision) and a one seater " interceptor" go kart it was way to tippy and that was with the seat of my pants a major 6 inches off the road and no front suspension my plan is to widen the front end and add suspension.... But moral of the story is if you're planning on keeping the seat at stock height proceed with caution especially if you're using ifs like most atvs bc they will provide to much flex causing it to want to tip left on a right turn unless you add a swag bar similar to a cars suspension to allow flex when needed but keeping a level rid on turns or add a cantilever front suspension to make it lean right on a right turn but then it will be to similar to a normal scoot ride wise to make the conversion worth while

As for power my 50cc-100cc big bore gy6 engine had plenty of power for me I was able to do donuts by simply putting my foot on the left front tire from a stop and gun it and around I went until I caught traction and it tipped lol

I hope this helped

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-19-2017, 06:27 PM   #4

[IMG][/IMG]