Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 01-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #1

50cc air cooled 4 stroke Q6 trike moped

I looking to buy a 2013 50cc Q6 trike scooter and I'm wondering has anyone else bought one or no a friend with one? I just want to know if they're good machines and are they dependable. I haven't heard anything negative about the 50cc Q6 but the 300cc got a pretty bad rap! Thanks guys...

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #2

btao, Welcome to SD.

If you can get it dirt cheap ?. I'd take the chance with it.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:59 AM   #3

Only thing I know about them is problems with the rear gears in the differential. Scooter shop in Grand rapids MI has 2 he wants me to work on because the differential slips and grinds.Parts are under warranty he says..but his mechanic does not want to mess with swapping them. Gee I should hire on with them and say.. "Sorry..I don't do belts..bulbs..CDI's..valve adjustments..carb tuning and cleaning..battery replacement...system troubleshooting anything like that.. I just work here".....

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-16-2014, 11:34 AM   #4

Nod Purchasing Q6 Trike

Yes they are good and as dependable as your lawn mower! I have purchased a Q6. It is wonderful and people look all the time and compliment me! Comes in 4 colors, white, black, burgundy, and silver. I purchased the burgundy. Purchase a different color like white silver so you don't notice the nicks as much! You will need to purchase some touch up paint, if you purchase the burgundy! I do not know where. Local paint store probably. You will need to find ways to boost the power if you live in a hilly part if the city! It is a wonderful purchase and I am very happy with it! Look at Saferwholesale.com Wonderful service and great pricing! Also look at different dealers but Safer wholesale was the inexpensive one! Good luck and happy scooting!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PST50-17_c.jpg (47.4 KB, 1 views)