Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 11-27-2020, 10:15 AM   #1

new to the scoot world

Hello everybody. I am new to the scoot world. I have had bikes of all kinds, but took a 2005 Zuma in on trade and have a blast with it. I will be on here looking for some help as i am having some i am sure minor issues. Will also be looking for advise on performance upgrades.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-27-2020, 10:45 PM   #2

Welcome! I had a few of the bug-eye 2-stroke Zumas and recently gave away a pre-bug. Great scooters and can be made to go pretty fast BUT everything has to be correct or you'll get a soft/lean seize. Advice to keep it reliable, don't use pod air filters. Also swap out to carbon fiber reeds as cheap insurance. I almost bought one of my old bug-eyes back last week but ended up passing. It was a Stage 1 set-up. Carbon fiber reeds, Leo Vince ZX exhaust, up-jetted, snorkel mod on air box, Malossi Multivar and tuned pretty good. Ran 46mph solid. Dead reliable as well. ScooterSwapShop and ScooterTuning.ca will be your best source for parts. I got out of 2-strokes a few years ago but if I get the itch again I'll consider a Genuine Rough House before they quit importing them.