Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 07-02-2021, 12:20 AM   #1

learning all about GY6

Hey guys I got tons of questions for you all very soon. I just got a Roketa MC4 150 and it was dead when I picked it up. Last started in 2012. I cleaned the tank out, changed the fuel filter, and put in a new battery. After a day of trying to start it I learned what the kill switch was lol. After that I got it working for 1 min at a time, so I took the carb off and cleaned that and got it working.
I've done a lot to it so far like changed the oil, trans fluid, grease the bearings in the forks, replaced the fuel gauge sensor and that's all in the last 3 days. They sure built this thing with cheap parts lol. I got a few parts coming and next on the list is rear brake shoes
But this is fun for me so far...

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-02-2021, 10:14 AM   #2

Its always a good feeling learning about something and fixing it yourself. Roketa scooters are pretty decent as far as Chinese scooters go. Did you use You Tube or did you get the Hayes Chinese GY6 shop manual to learn with? Oh, and welcome!
Old 07-02-2021, 04:28 PM   #3

I watched a lot of YouTube videos. I’m a big YouTube fan and have my own channel but that’s mainly for how to videos woodworking and networking stuff. I like how the bike is pretty much the same on different makes and models. That makes it much easier when trying to learn how to fix something on it.

Old 07-04-2021, 12:27 PM   #4

I purchased a Honda Silverwing scooter for my wife awhile back. It had a leaking fork seal. No problem I think, I've done several fork seals on rocket bikes. Let me tell you, that Silverwing fork seal kicked my butt! I did both seals just because. I got it done, I know its done right but I should have just had the dealership do it when the mechanic said he'd do the fork seals for $150. I have a eye twitch just remembering those fork seals! Half the fun with scooters is all the hidden panel screws. Its nice when a You Tube tutorial points those screws out as you go along.
Old 07-06-2021, 01:38 PM   #5

Hey rhconcepts welcome to the forum, glad to see you working on your scoot, that's a good way to learn about your scoot and how to maintain it, were here when you need us.