Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 10-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Put a deposit on it today. Small balance left.
Cool and Congrats on getting a new ride.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #17

I have a 2009 Vip FChamp by jonway.
So far it's been a good scooter and i bought it new in 09 and i ride year around.
I don't know about the other brand name VIP's but if it's put together like mine was you'll do fine as long as you don't just run it into the ground.
Now at 250Lbs that's pushing it. It will get you there but not real fast, so leave early to where ever you are going.

Have fun and ride safely.

--------------------------
2009 Jonway 50 4t
Old 10-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #18

there are a lot of scooters that look like that but different names.i have one and its from jonway and its called limited edition.its a minerelli clone and has no restrictions on it.i weigh 175 and I can get it to 43 and that's stock.i bought mine 6 months ago and they gave me a 2011 but its still new.i had to replace the solenoid already but other then that it runs great.mine had the carb adjustments covered with brass plug and removed it.you can make them go quick if you want to modify them.good luck with you're new scooter.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #19

Congrats, show us a pic if you can when you get it.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:57 AM   #20

I have a 2012 vip fc, I weigh 350lbs and on flat surface go about 49mph. Now thaf. Being said I have many many upgrades on it. Im using the orange cdi and ignition coil, using 9gram dr pully sliders, 100cc bbk, a9 performance cam, performance gear set from scrappydog, high performance variator, unrestricted muffler. I also did a bunch of custom work to tail section dropping stock taillights n blinkers cutting a piece of hi density plastic and mounting it flush. Stuck on a nice led taillight blinker set and dropped 20lbs.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #21

VIP Champion

Well, I now have the bike and it is what it is I guess you can say. It travels fine. I haven't seen my weight (240) as a problem so far. It travels just fine at 35-40mph. Uphill it goes 35. I'm not looking for a speedster bike, just a travel one. As long as it stays dependable I will have no complaints. I did while researching this bike on youtube the past month see something I agree with. The factory mirrors are useless and as the person that made the piece said. I will get some replacements from Amazon or something. All in all no complaints from 2 days.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #22

I have had my 50 cc scooter for 4 years and 19,000 miles I change the oil every 1,000 miles when I start it up and before riding I let it warm up for a couple min to get oil circulating and last week it finaily said enough and had to do a rebuild on it if you take care of them you will get to enjoy it but if you don't if will leave you stranded by the side of the road just like a car
Old 11-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #23

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by uconnchaz View Post
Well, I now have the bike and it is what it is I guess you can say. It travels fine. I haven't seen my weight (240) as a problem so far. It travels just fine at 35-40mph. Uphill it goes 35. I'm not looking for a speedster bike, just a travel one. As long as it stays dependable I will have no complaints. I did while researching this bike on youtube the past month see something I agree with. The factory mirrors are useless and as the person that made the piece said. I will get some replacements from Amazon or something. All in all no complaints from 2 days.

Hi
Outstanding
Congratulations May she bring you much joy in the years to come
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank