Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 01-20-2019, 11:02 AM   #1

ice bear 50

Has anyone found a way to stabilize the front wheel on an Ice Bear trike? Seems to wobble a lot when I hit even a small bump. Only has 500 miles on it.
Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-21-2019, 03:01 AM   #2

Have you looked into adding a steering stabilizer for a motorcycle to it? There are a couple of different types, might google and see if you can find a universal one you can make work.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:15 PM   #3

I've owned a few trikes, both small and large cc's, and they all shake. It's the nature of a trike to shake. I honestly got used to it BUT proper tire pressure and wheel toe-in is very important. Since yours was built as a trike I doubt its toe-in, but I would still check the tire pressure. And you could fit a steering stabilizer to it, just find someone who knows what they are doing so its installed correct. I had one on my rocket bike back in the day. I ended up taking it off because it made the steering to heavy. Steering stabilizers have come a long way since then.

Old 05-29-2019, 04:34 PM   #4

Doh!

I have a 2006 1200 Sportster with a DMC Trike Kit & it doesn't wobble or shake & I have had it to 100 mph+ so I would definitely have your front end checked out! Irish
Old 05-30-2019, 11:08 PM   #5

All my trikes were/are correct. It's just the nature of the beast that they have a "shake" at slow speeds. The heavier the scooter/bike the less the shake comes thru. If your Harley is factory, the rake has been adjusted accordingly. If its an aftermarket kit, some supply a new triple tree with the kit to offset the rake. The Buddy 125 had a Tow-Crap kit and it shook at slow speed so bad, but smoothed out at speed. The Honda SilverWing is much better, but its much larger than the Buddy. Now the Can-Am was super smooth. Nothing disrupted the handling be it going slow or fast.