Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 06-23-2019, 12:13 PM   #1

Thumbs Up Couldn't turn it down!

Time to build another Bike! I just sold my 2006 1200 Sportster with a DMC trike kit. I didn't want to sell it but I was offered $8000 & those hundred dollar bills sure looked good! That's what I did in N.H. I bought a few wrecked bikes , made one good(rebuilt) one & sold it. (ex) $50 for a '70 Triumph , .010 overbore , new pistons , wristpin , one main bearing , some paint , sold for $1800. Time to start again. the only trouble is. After I build them. I hate to part with them. Irish
P.S. Some of the '70's had soft rings! If you played your cards right , Triumph would pay for a .010 overbore , pistons , etc. You didn't even have to send your old parts in.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by Irish; 06-23-2019 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Explanation!
Old 06-27-2019, 09:47 PM   #2

We bond with those machines when we build them and live with them. Keep on building, Irish.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
We bond with those machines when we build them and live with them. Keep on building, Irish.
I know exactly what you mean! I had a garage in NH where I did my building & I have woken my wife at 2:00 AM to hear my cycles start on the 1st kick. I realize now that she probably didn't give a damn but you just want to show that your work is perfect & worth money. Irish

Old 07-13-2019, 04:16 PM   #4

I wish that I knew the people that I did in NH. there I could access just about anything that I wanted & knew that I wasn't getting screwed. You would not believe the things that some people that have been working on bikes have stashed away! Irish
P.S. I've had people call me at all times of the day because they just knew that I had a special thing stashed over my garage!
Old 10-19-2019, 12:22 PM   #5

After a few months time , I'm starting to regret selling my Bike. Unfortunately , I don't know the people that can be trusted here & I can't
find what I need to build. I've only been here for a short time(another reason to hate Florida) If I wasn't so old I'd move back! Besides that everything is H.D.here. One was enough. Irish

Old 02-22-2020, 01:59 PM   #6

I'm screwed now! My wife & I just went to NH over Thanksgiving to visit our daughters & see our new Great grandson (Grandson knocked up his girlfriend!) My body is adapted to the Florida weather & I can't take the cold anymore! I froze my ass off in weather that I used to hunt in (No Problem) & all I used to talk about was moving back because I knew so many people with hidden bike parts! Change Of Plans! Irish
Old 02-23-2020, 10:39 AM   #7

It's time to become a snowbird, Irish.