Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 08-17-2021, 06:18 AM   #1

Incorrect spec list on Amigo scooters?

Hello everyone! I have a bit of a quandary that I need a little help figuring out.

I just received a ZNEN/Amigo (although this model lists a different engine manufacturer) 150cc scooter. I love it, and the company definitely has some decent quality control. Better than Tao motors at least. Anyways, here’s where I get confused; The specifications for most websites say that this 150cc short case GY6 somehow has 6.3hp instead of the very typical 8-10hp that a 150cc stock GY6 produces. It’s very light, something 235 pounds. No place, not the vendors nor Amigo has any idea of where they’re getting their specs from. I got mine from saferwholesale just because I’ve had good experiences with them in the past, and because literally EVERY scooter vendor was out of stock except for 6 models of Amigo/Znen. I picked the best one I could out of those 6, and it was $500 above my financing budget. Poor financial decision, but I totaled my car and really needed to get a form of transportation with the capability of going pretty fast, but the fuel economy trade off fo a 250cc is too steep for me.

So, here’s what almost every website, including the Amigo website say about their 150cc’s. 6.3Hp (they list Hp but I suspect they may have meant kw? I’m not sure.) at 7,500 RPM and 8.8 N.m of torque at 6,000 rpm. Things kind of fall apart spec wise when you check retailers’ spec list though. For example, safer wholesale lists the Amigo JAX-150 as having 8.5 horsepower, but neglects to list the torque. The Amigo website lists that same model as 6.3hp. I personally have never seen an unrestricted 150cc GY6 with less than 8 horsepower. Amigo and saferwholesale also have no idea if that power figure was measured at the wheels or at the crank.

Based on a tonnnnn of inconsistencies in what I’m seeing listed, it seems that Znen got a little careless with one of their generic exported brands and didn’t enter the correct specs, or they meant to list them in Kw. I’m at a loss here, but my experience and gut feeling tell me that something isn’t right with a 6.3hp 150cc GY6 scooter. It seems far too lacking in power.

Scooter experts, what say ye? What do y’all think is going on? Do you think that the 6.3hp is an accurate figure, or is something amiss? Lots of typos on the Amigo website as it still a Chinese website but every single 150cc lists 6.3hp as their rated power. Fishy.

That’s it for now, thank you for taking the time to read it you did! I hope to hear back from you guys. You all know way more about this than I do for now.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by psikiguy; 08-17-2021 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Not showing my post in its entirety
Old 08-17-2021, 07:16 AM   #2

I think that I may have answered my own question. The Vitacci Viper matt-150 is the exact same bike under a different name but otherwise identical, and it list the same engine specs but specifies that it is indeed being listed in kw/rpm. That conveniently converts 6.3kw into exactly 8.5hp, and I’m certain now that it’s normal like I had hoped. I would still like any input if anybody has anything to input! The scoot gets delivered today fully assembled, and I look forward to riding with my expected power on such a light bike (heavy rider. Balances out lol).
Old 08-18-2021, 12:58 PM   #3

Here's the thing. Nobody really knows how much horsepower any Chinese motor makes. I've seen the 150cc GY6 engine listed anywhere from 8 to 10 horsepower. What it boils down to is top speeds. A 50cc engine tops out at 40 mph while the 150cc goes anywhere from 55 to 60 depending on wheel size.

Years ago justgottascoot.com coaxed a Lance PCH 150 up to 61mph with GPS while a 170cc SYM Fiddle III with the bigger bore version the same engine reached 62 GPS.

Despite their claims of Vespa Divinity that website only managed 58 mph/GPS with a 150 Vespa and about the same with a Piaggo 150 Liberty with GPS.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Tags
150cc, amigo, ss-150, ss150, znen