Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 05-11-2019, 09:34 PM   #1

Scooter Problems

Hey Guys, I just bought a Vino 125, and it came with a box of spare parts. It appears the previous owner put an aftermarket variator and sliders. Also has a custom air filter. The scooter is much faster than stock however there are quite a few problems. The main issue I need to resolve is that when I apply throttle from a stop, there is a skipping, the bike doesn't move but it feels like the back of bike is thumping. then it takes off and accelerates normally. Any help would be great!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-12-2019, 05:53 PM   #2

A friend has a Vino 125. Great scooter but a nightmare to tune. Every time you remove the transmission cover, the engine oil will drain out! Yup, nice design. I had a old TST variator from a Zuma 125 build that kept snapping belts so I was gonna toss it in the recycle bin. My Vino 125 friend saw it and asked if he could try it. I said yes. I forgot what roller weights he used, and Im not a carnival weight guesser so Im not sure what his weight is but he hit in spot on. I know its a simple matter of going with lighter weights on the stock variator wakes up a Vino 125, but Im not sure about a whole variator. The TST seemed to work but he never goes full throttle long enough to see if a belt will snap. If in doubt, put the stock parts back on and see what happens. Just remember to put oil back in!
Old 06-08-2019, 10:57 AM   #3

I have a 2015 PCX 150. I just changed the battery and now the fuel gauge is flashing all the bars and it won't start. It is full of gas also. Any help would be great

Login or Register to Remove Ads