Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 09-21-2018, 09:05 AM   #1

Carburetor issue.

So I took my carburetor off and raised the float but now my scoot won't start. Any suggestions? It's a 2008 jonway 150cc. It will start on starting fluid but doesn't seem to be getting the fuel needed to keep running

Sent from my A574BL using Tapatalk

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-22-2018, 06:14 AM   #2

So....why not take the carb off again, and put things back as they were?

Old 09-22-2018, 06:27 AM   #3

Thanks rks did that to no avail. It appears that the float Needle got stuck. I will try to remedy this tomorrow

Old 09-22-2018, 11:51 AM   #4

I'd check the fuel and vacuum lines... the petcock must have vacuum to open ... to allow the fuel to get to the carb. You can unhook the gas line and crank the engine with throttle closed and gas should come out. Be sure the gas tank is "venting" with cooler weather a slight suction the tank can develop.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:54 AM   #5

Yeah I checked the fuel pump works really good

Old 09-22-2018, 08:49 PM   #6

Need advice. What would I need to convert from a vacuum fuel pump to an electric?

Old 09-25-2018, 08:13 PM   #7

I need help desperately!!!! I have changed everything on this scooter with the carburetor I can fill up the bowl with fuel and I will run for a minute and then when I go to throttle it out it will die what could be the problem and just FYI I did not reconnect the auto enricher anybody who knows anything about this kind of thing please let me know immediately I need to get this scooter running now

Old 09-27-2018, 03:10 AM   #8

if the gas tank is behind the seat it gravity flows to the carburetor, you can bypass the petcock and let gas flow directly to the carb full time.... just to check the vacuum operated petcock. Also be sure to check you replaced the fuel and vacuum lines correctly and crack the fuel cap a bit for testing, so a suction in the gas tank isn't created. Tank, filter, petcock, fuel lines, carb (needle/seat, jets, the cold fuel enrichment) something isn't right. I suppose I'd do something like run a fuel line directly from the tank to the carb and open the drain line on the carb. Fuel should run out. It it does then I'd be cleaning the jets. Be sure to put everything back as it was from the OEM once you find the problem and correct it. I'm not sure if the auto enricher you speak off is the cold start enrichment or the power enrichment.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:26 AM   #9

If your fuel pump is pumping, and your scoot will run if you fill the carb bowl with gas....the problem is the float, it's needle, or the inlet the needle closes off, is plugged up. You can buy a new, 24mm carb for under $25....may be the best way for you to go.

In 15,000 miles, I have had zero carb problems. I always fill with Ethanol Free Gas, and add a few tenths of an ounce of MMO, to keep things clean. I did have to replace the fuel pump when the original refused to pump, a few springs ago.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:58 AM   #10

I replaced the vacuum pump with a low pressure electric and she is running beautiful