Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > Member Reviews & Reports > Parts & Accessories

Old 06-26-2015, 05:13 PM   #1
Beware of United Express Distribution Amazon listings
by rlshepard rlshepard is offline 06-26-2015, 05:13 PM
Rating: (1 votes - 5.00 average)

So I bought a BBK off Amazon the listing was for "Cylinder Upgrade Kit 70cc 47mm piston 64mm EGR Valves GY6 QMB139 Honda"

So I ordered, it came and beyond some mild annoyances things were "Okay" not great, it wasn't perfect but I got by. Review time came and I gave them 3 stars and detailed bumps I hit along the way below is the exact text from my review:

“The kit showed up with a cam for a 150, once contacted the seller indicated that they would ship out the correct cam ASAP. The head I received was not an EGR head, not a huge deal but the ad claimed it was an EGR head. One of the spring retaining clips was not completely seated had to remove the spring and then re-seat it.”

So then I get a very nice email from the seller

"Thank you very much for your feedback.
Order ID: # 109-1028546-8492238
I am working on your feedback. As you know, we ship the product as we receive from the manufacturer. Also, we try our best to give the accurate information in our product listing. Honestly, we are receiving such complaints regarding this product for the very first time. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences.
Kindly, confirm whether you are okay with the clips you have received. If you face any issues in using it please let me know, so that I can help you accordingly.
Thank you and I look forward to your response.
Brooke
United Express Distribution"

I mean okay it's annoying right out of the gate they seem to not really understand what they are selling and they want to blame the manufacturer but okay I sent a nice email back clarifying the challenges:

Hi Brooke,

Thanks for your note, no problem with using the retaining clips I received, Just annoying that I had to re-seat it. It was quite the little side project causing me to go buy tools (valve spring compressor) that frankly I had intended to avoid buying when I made this purchase. Basically the entire reason that I purchased this Kit was based on a cost benefit analysis in repairing the head I had by disassembling it and lapping the valves or buying an assembled head. Primary selling point of an assembled head was not having to be fuss with the valve springs which require a specialized tool, once I had determined buying an assembled head was the way to go; it seemed obvious I should just get the entire kit and upgrade the cylinder while I was there.

The fact that the head was not an EGR head is not a big deal for me, I'm just as happy to remove the PAIR system from the machine as I'm not in a place where I have worry about strict emissions regulations. If I was in California or St. Louis it would be an issue.

All in all I'm happy with the end result and the machine is running well.

Thanks

I guess maybe she only read the last line? That's the only way I can explain the response I got:

Dear Ralph,
Thank you so much for your prompt response.
I am really glad to know that you are happy with the product received. Also, I would be more than happy to process you a partial refund for $5, as a goodwill gesture.
I would like to ask a favor from you. Can you please help me remove your neutral feedback?
Please follow this link, where you can remove the feedback. About halfway down the page you'll see your feedback comment and a link to "remove". I'd greatly appreciate it.
Please let me know for any further assistance, I would be happy to help you.
Thank you and I look forward to the feedback removal.
Brooke
United Express Distribution

I was floored, shocked! Amazed so made it clear that of all the short comings of the transaction, offering me $5 to pull my review was the possibly the worst part:

Um, No, Please keep the $5

My integrity is not for sale, I find offensive that you would ask me to remove accurate feedback. I rely heavily on reviews from other users and depend on them to be honest and accurate.

If this is how you guys do business I'll be sure to steer clear of your listing on Amazon in the future..

No I figured that was the end of it? Nope, they came back defending their request... Now if the author of this next email is actually named Samantha I'll eat my helmet:

Dear Ralph,
Thank you for sharing your views with me.
We always welcome our customers’ feedback to improve our service much better. I offered you the partial refund just as a goodwill gesture and not intentionally.
You purchased the kit from us. Unfortunately, some of the parts didn’t meet your expectations. You left a neutral feedback on us, expressing your dissatisfaction. I understand your side.
I also desire to state my situation. We received your order and shipped it to you as we receive from our manufacturer. Unfortunately, you had to face some discomfort in using the kit and somehow you fixed them.
I am here to help our valuable customers like you. I gave you the replacement option upon receiving your feedback. However, you are okay to retain the product received.
I requested you to remove your feedback only after, you confirmed that you are happy with the product received. I once again apologize for any inconveniences.
I would greatly appreciate your understanding on the situation.
Kind Regards,
Samantha Hoffman
United Express Distribution

somehow this seller managed to get my review removed from the product page on amazon. While the there were issues with the product it was nothing I couldn't over come. and they did replace the incorrect Cam. But I feel I like I just got lucky they seem to have no integrity whats so ever and they don't seem to understand or take responsibility for the products they sell. In my book this went from 3 stars to -1 stars.

Steer clear friends and ride safe!

Views: 6378
Old 06-26-2015, 11:44 PM   #2

Thanks for sharing the content of your correspondence with them. You confirmed what I had thought!

When I was just starting to purchase a few parts for scooters, I looked on local CL and found them advertising there. Called and they were at best evasive on simple questions about their products. Had asked if their CVT belts were authentic or copy Gates, they refused to answer.

here is who they are:

unitedexpressdist.com

2875 N Berkeley Lake Rd NW
Suite 4
Duluth, GA. 30096
Phone: (404) 532-9833

btw.. the names they use are most likely fake. when I spoke with them I could clearly hear Mandarian (not Cantonese) being spoken as a primary language, and not English.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:08 AM   #3

Thanks for the heads up.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-17-2015, 05:05 PM   #4

I am amazed at the gall you suffered. You adjusted your project schedule to accommodate this outfit and they want you to pull your eval! THEY don't get the point, do they? Thanks for your review. More should be like yours.

Karl
Old 11-18-2015, 01:19 PM   #5

When I had my motorcycle repair shops in N.H. I found that there were only certain vendors that I would deal with! A lot must think that you will pass their screw-ups on to your customers. That's unfortunately the way business is done now. It used to be that your name was your reputation. In other words-I'll take it to Irish because I know it will be done the correct way. Unfortunatly it's hard to get good work now , unless you have a private shop do the work! Shop owners don't want to pay their mechanics to do it correctly. Sorry for the rant , this just reminded me of how things are now. When I left the only shop that I didn't own , I told my wife "I'll never work for a shop that I don't own again!" Irish
P.S. Be glad that you know the correct parts! Many would have just used whatever they got in the mail , thinking-I don't think this is right but it's what they sent me!

Login or Register to Remove Ads