Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 05-17-2017, 03:33 PM   #1

Hello from East Texas. :)

hello. Chandler, TX. here. I used to have a Chinese scooter years ago. Truck recently broke down, 800 minimum to repair. I am looking into financing a new 250cc Chinese scooter as alternative local transportation. I'm here for research and to share experiences and knowledge. Peace to all.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-17-2017, 10:32 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum. I hope you get the truck back on the road soon.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercyCroft View Post
hello. Chandler, TX. here. I used to have a Chinese scooter years ago. Truck recently broke down, 800 minimum to repair. I am looking into financing a new 250cc Chinese scooter as alternative local transportation. I'm here for research and to share experiences and knowledge. Peace to all.
Good choice, I'm driving around a 150cc here in East Texas and I need more power

Old 05-18-2017, 01:22 PM   #4

hi coreyman!

tell me, how fast can you go on your 150? can you also share your weight? I know that is something that makes a difference, and I'm carrying a few extra lbs myself.

also, bad news. If you are thinking of getting a bigger scooter, I am being told that new Chinese scooters 200cc and bigger will not be available in the states again for a few months at least. something about government crap, i think they said. so I'm either going to have to get a 150 scooter or a larger motorcycle that I have to shift gears on. such a distraction.

but yeah, i don't think you'll be able to upgrade to a bigger (new, Chinese) scooter any time soon. :(
Old 05-21-2017, 09:49 AM   #5

A 125-150cc normally tops out around 50 mph and will do 55 for a brief time for passing. I weigh around we 230. We ride a lot of county roads but you will need a 200-250cc scoot to safely ride FM roads, IMHO.

Last edited by wheelbender6; 05-21-2017 at 09:51 AM. Reason: spelin
Old 05-22-2017, 03:21 PM   #6

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercyCroft View Post
hi coreyman!

tell me, how fast can you go on your 150? can you also share your weight? I know that is something that makes a difference, and I'm carrying a few extra lbs myself.

also, bad news. If you are thinking of getting a bigger scooter, I am being told that new Chinese scooters 200cc and bigger will not be available in the states again for a few months at least. something about government crap, i think they said. so I'm either going to have to get a 150 scooter or a larger motorcycle that I have to shift gears on. such a distraction.

but yeah, i don't think you'll be able to upgrade to a bigger (new, Chinese) scooter any time soon. :(
If you've been riding as long as I have , shifting gears is NO distraction! It is automatic I'm 73 & been riding since the age of 15. Irish

P.S. My only problem is that everything that I rode was right hand shift. It's a BITCH doing everything that is opposite to you! You automatically hit the shifter in an emergency stop.