Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 10-11-2017, 02:50 PM   #16

Speaking of O rings, the local Ace Hardware has a pretty good selection of O rings and metric bolts in find it yourself trays so you can match them up to what you need and buy only the ones you need.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-24-2017, 12:03 PM   #17

Hi Guys, The "Starving For Fuel" problem was due to a weak vacuum on the Intake manifold caused because it was not completely sealed. A new manifold fixed THAT problem. Still playing with engine timing as engine seems sooooo temperamental. It was running yesterday some on the stand, but not quite right as the airbox wasn't on the carb.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:08 PM   #18

Hello again! For those that care, at Ace Hardware, they really seemed to only have one O Ring that would even fit on the Scooter's Intake manifold. I know because I was there a few weeks ago. It was very thin however and I do not think it is as thick as ones that come stock in the manifold.

Last edited by GrouchyOle'Man; 12-04-2017 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 03:08 PM   #19

This is NOT an ad for Ace Hardware , but anytime that I've needed a weird part for anything , I've found it there. EX : Cane mounts to mount my cane to my fender! (cane held by tie-wraps on the mounts) Irish
P.S. A knowledgeable salesman that wants to help makes a BIG difference!
Old 11-25-2017, 05:39 PM   #20

Hello Irish, Indeed. I have been there in a search for oddball items as well. They have some very good sales people there to help, always have! You can only get so much at the big box stores. They seem to have down-sized themselves in that category, which usually ends up in a trip to Ace! As far as the scooter, I am investigating whether or NOT the new carb needs the Fuel/Air Mixture screw set correctly. The thing starts right up with the airbox on it, but runs lousy and covers the plug with black soot. Last time I saw THAT it was on an OHV lawnmower engine that had a partially sheared flywheel key.

Old 12-04-2017, 05:08 PM   #21

ANOTHER UPDATE: Hello ya'll! The scoot is running; not perfect at idle, but it IS running. The black sooty plug seemed to be from an INTERMITTENT SPARK problem as the charge seemed to be leaking out of the plastic plug cap.
Timing is OK. The aftermarket carb with the Fuel/Mixture screw may need some more tweaking as there is a slight miss at idle but under mid and 3/4 throttle it does not miss a beat when the main jet kicks in. It seems to be a little rich at idle, hopefully I can adjust that out. The plan is to put it ALL back together and sell it (it is the grandsons') along with his Linhai 250 scoot so he maybe can get a sportbike...or so he says.