Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 07-07-2015, 09:39 PM   #1

Question Performance Suggestions??

Hey,

Well I've been doing a lot reading up on the gy6 chin scooters with the alien longbo 150cc "mine"/roketa and million other names it comes in and all I got to compare it to is my 95 katanna 600 witch is very similar in some ways ive actually enjoyed this scooter but unlike my bike if anything on the scooter is slightly off you know it, and ive been considering building the scooter as a fun side project, I bought this scooter 2nd hand so I don't know what all he done to it but with the mods Ive done so far, " rejet to 116 main, foam airfilter from the carb" ebay blue cdi and orange coil, ngk plug," ive managed to get it in to 60ish mph range, now im trying to decide the next performance upgrades to get, trying to stear away from bbk's, as in bigger intake manifolds with bigger carb to match and or different weighted variators rollers along with after market torque springs, etc.

What has been the best up grade at this point you all have done without sacrificing acceleration for top speed and vise versa, and im now just looking into cams and final drive gears but I don't know if I want to dive that far in.

Login or Register to Remove Ads