Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 08-16-2014, 10:04 PM   #1

upgrading?

is it ok to upgrade a scooter little by little and not mess the motor up? I just got another scooter for my brother and i can't afford to upgrade all at once.He wants the performance parts on it as i can afford them like exhaust, BBK,CDI,Carb Clutch etc. but just want to make sure i can do it that way first & every couple weeks i'd add something for him if i can. Also does it matter what order i upgrade in? sorry if this is a dumb question I'm out of my element

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-17-2014, 11:31 PM   #2

I would say that is the preferred method. I would put the BBK as last on my list. If you make changes one at a time, and maximize their performance you may find the BBK isn't needed. If you put a BBk on a poorly tuned engine you're wasting time and money. So if you feel the need to upgrade, do it as you can.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend29 View Post
is it ok to upgrade a scooter little by little and not mess the motor up? I just got another scooter for my brother and i can't afford to upgrade all at once.He wants the performance parts on it as i can afford them like exhaust, BBK,CDI,Carb Clutch etc. but just want to make sure i can do it that way first & every couple weeks i'd add something for him if i can. Also does it matter what order i upgrade in? sorry if this is a dumb question I'm out of my element
Little by little is THE best way to do it. I see to many on here toss in 5-6 performance parts..and then when they run into a problem they can't figure out what part caused it. When you upgrade one piece at a time then test it out...diagnosis is easy because...it means the last part you put on is the first one to look at when you have a problem..

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-30-2014, 04:28 AM   #4

yeah dont do a bkk until you have the carburetor first, stock carbs are too lean and not enough airflow for a bbk to make descent power
MMS big valve head raised ports, polished, milled .023
Hoca 26mm carb
NCY titanium valve springs
NOS wet nitrous system
Holley fuel pump
MMS variator
Naraku CDI
HT coil
4' Wheelie bar
MMG stainless slip-on exhaust
NGK "11" spark plug
UNI filter