Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 07-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #1

Uninsured motorist coverage worth the money?

I have liability coverage on my scooters. Adding uninsured motorist coverage to 2 scooters would cost me over $800 per year more.
Does anybody have any experience with the uninsured motorist coverage? I have heard that roughly half the vehicles on the road are uninsured, If that is true, the extra cost seems to be worth it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #2

Holy crap $800 bucks more !! just adding uninsured motorist coverage.

I would shop around for a better deal if you can.

Mine is only $18 bucks per year to have it.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:02 AM   #3

I agree with Scooterwayne. Let's face it... we always lose in a contest with another vehicle. I would get both uninsured and underinsured coverage. This is something you are buying for yourself not the other driver. But $800 is a lot to pay. I don't pay nearly that.

Finaljudgement

Old 07-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #4

I just last month had a dog run after me and dart under the front wheel. No ins other than min. Probably will never see a penny from dogs owner. Have a scooter with 3k on it that was in brand new condition laying in a heap near the entrance of my property. Had there been full coverage ins co would have made all kinds of deductions and maybe got a 1/3 to a half of what it would cost to replace it. every piece of plastic is scratched or broken, the front end does not look straight and I am not sure what I will do with it. If I were to repair it I will have almost as much as to buy a new one and never be sure all the bent parts are gone. No idea what the total I am out yet including a shoei helmet, ambulance, hosp., scooter and so on but I would have been better off with full coverage this time. No one knows when it is going to happen, I was only going about 20 mph too. Dogs that run out after you tend to want to get you between them and their owners house and will try to cross in front of you to do it.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct842 View Post
I just last month had a dog run after me and dart under the front wheel. No ins other than min. Probably will never see a penny from dogs owner. Have a scooter with 3k on it that was in brand new condition laying in a heap near the entrance of my property. Had there been full coverage ins co would have made all kinds of deductions and maybe got a 1/3 to a half of what it would cost to replace it. every piece of plastic is scratched or broken, the front end does not look straight and I am not sure what I will do with it. If I were to repair it I will have almost as much as to buy a new one and never be sure all the bent parts are gone. No idea what the total I am out yet including a shoei helmet, ambulance, hosp., scooter and so on but I would have been better off with full coverage this time. No one knows when it is going to happen, I was only going about 20 mph too. Dogs that run out after you tend to want to get you between them and their owners house and will try to cross in front of you to do it.
Was the dog insured against you crazy cyclists? Irish
P.S. For $800 you need FRAUD protection!