Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 08-01-2013, 12:27 AM   #1

jimvip It was great to hear about your bike! My 150cc 2012 VIP PowerMax has gone at 72mph according to the GPS, and I let off the bike handle. I was terrified and running out of road. I'm just happy that it goes over 55mph. Everyone talks about wanting 75mph in a scooter, but if you ever do get up to 75mph you will be scared crap-less. I can't believe it went that fast, but it has been tuned up a bit by a performance motorcycle shop.

I'm going to upgrade the stator, and trying to figure out the bulbs in the turn signals so I can replace them with LEDs. My new front forks will be here by Friday (thanks to scrappy dog) One that is in place hopefully my muffler and other stuff will stop vibrating the heck off the bike :-D

PS. Jimvip add some line breaks (hit return) a few times between sections. Makes it a lot easier to read! I am close to richmond Indiana! Something I'm learning is don't put expensive upgrades in the bike if you want to sell it. I'm adding some nice upgrades and will have spent $500. The problem is nobody wants to buy a VIP scooter for $1,700 even if you put that much into it. Why? Well even if they know all about bikes if they are looking at at VIP they are trying to get a good deal under $500. If somebody wants to spend $1,700 on a scooter they probably would just buy a used vespa. I know it's not what you want to hear, but you probably have to sell the bike for under $1,000. Especially in Indiana. Maybe post it on craiglist as a racing scooter?

Only spend a lot o money upgrading a VIP style scooter if you plan to not sell it later… or at least that's what I 'm learning

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by ckizer; 08-01-2013 at 12:35 AM. Reason: more tips