Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #11

Great write up. What else could I replace? I want to make it as reliable as possible. My only ride is my 150cc gy6 taotao vip powermac scooter. I've changed spark plugs, new forks, and trying to decide where I spend $200 on next. I want to make it as reliable as possible.

Also what are the parts that wear the fastest? Like belts or something? What could I spend $80 on and keep on hand for the day when my scooter breaks and I can't afford to wait two weeks for a part to come?

The part about phone GPS vs. a standalone GPS unit isn't valid though unless you had a really really cheep phone. The GPS unit inside an iPhone is actually higher quality and more expensive chip than the one in my $500 GPS travel unit. Apple quality is really good. I got 73 miles per hour on my gy6 and it has no mods that i know of which i though was pretty unusual and scary. I had a car follow me and verified with multiple devices. I bought it used, maybe the last owner did some mods or something?