Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 10-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #16

Well if you do something long enough you get good at it. IMHO Chinese build quality got better in 10-11, but still has a way to go. (especially in bearings, electrical, and weld quality.)

BTW, if I was buying from among Chinese scoots today it would pretty much be PUMA before anything else.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #17

I love my Jonway 150. I've had it for 3 years and have had no problems. I have not had to do one bit of work on it, except change the oil. Not even replace one bulb. (nothing).
Old 10-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #18

Chinese scooters have come a long way in the last few years. Znen scooters are the best made scooters in China, and we at Bintelli use these Znen base units and then upgrade them even more with Motobatt Batteries, NGK Spark Plugs, Deni Carburetors, Gates Belts, Halogen Headlights, Dual Stage Paint Treatment, Upgraded Seats, and Stainless Steel Hardware coming standard on all our models. We know you'd love the quality we provide!

Old 10-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spandi View Post
Well if you do something long enough you get good at it. IMHO Chinese build quality got better in 10-11, but still has a way to go. (especially in bearings, electrical, and weld quality.)

BTW, if I was buying from among Chinese scoots today it would pretty much be PUMA before anything else.
Heres a Znen weld. Looks pretty to me.......lol.

I just did the PDI with a friend on his daughters new china scoot and its a world better then just five years ago. Far less loose, stripped fasteners and the motor fired right up and idled without adjustment.

The wiring is still marginal at best.

Be Big,
AMAC

SYM RV200 Evo
Lance "Cali Classic" 125
MC-95-250 Reverse Trike

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/amac1680/rv200-evo
Old 10-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #20

The Roketas have dramatically improved since 2008, and now even come with BANDO kevlar belts and decent hoses, as well as much nicer wiring and quality of frame welding.

Though, price has naturally risen to reflect this.

4T 150cc 157 qmj

24mm carb w 115 main jet and paper cone air filter

Manual petcock w Tygon fuel lines

Scrappy Dog Scooters Retro-slash stainless straight-thru exhaust

RED spring clutch

Adjustable CDI (brand unknown, it's blue and red and works great!)

KOSO high performance variator w 12g sliders

Gates Powerlink 835-20-30 belt

GPS verified 65mph on flats.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #21

That said, I HIGHLY recommend BMS, my wife;s 2013 BMS Roman 150 is basically what my 2011 Roketa MC-23 is after $300 in mods/replacement of stock parts.

4T 150cc 157 qmj

24mm carb w 115 main jet and paper cone air filter

Manual petcock w Tygon fuel lines

Scrappy Dog Scooters Retro-slash stainless straight-thru exhaust

RED spring clutch

Adjustable CDI (brand unknown, it's blue and red and works great!)

KOSO high performance variator w 12g sliders

Gates Powerlink 835-20-30 belt

GPS verified 65mph on flats.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by amac1680 View Post
Heres a Znen weld. Looks pretty to me.......lol.

I just did the PDI with a friend on his daughters new china scoot and its a world better then just five years ago. Far less loose, stripped fasteners and the motor fired right up and idled without adjustment.

The wiring is still marginal at best.

Be Big,
AMAC
Yes, they are getting better. But the welds on my scoot were never near that clean. (I had to redo them) They looked like spray painted popcorn. The wiring however was pretty heavy duty and well laid out. It seems as if they are making improvements one small step at a time.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:16 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bintelli View Post
Chinese scooters have come a long way in the last few years. Znen scooters are the best made scooters in China, and we at Bintelli use these Znen base units and then upgrade them even more with Motobatt Batteries, NGK Spark Plugs, Deni Carburetors, Gates Belts, Halogen Headlights, Dual Stage Paint Treatment, Upgraded Seats, and Stainless Steel Hardware coming standard on all our models. We know you'd love the quality we provide!
The ZNEN 150 I bought from GR Scooter was already upgraded with the Deni carb, NGK plug and a better belt. So far I'm pretty happy with it.

I have had to pull the carb out a couple of times, though. The first was my fault. I added stuff to the fuel and learned the hard way. It taught me how to clean the carb, though.

Hey, look what that idiot said!
Old 06-27-2014, 11:09 AM   #24

Who killed the Auto Moto trike??? Within the passed year Auto Moto USA had been selling the bulk of 150ZK trike scooters in the USA market. Thru that year they sold pre ordered and pre paid trikes, but early 2013, a large container full arrived from China and did not pass emissions??? and were sent back to China for corrections, never to return, leaving Auto Moto Corp to go oob. Now several thousand owners are left with no direct parts access for this model trike,as the Gy6 engine is different in configuration and is 11hp, the tranny likewise are unique,factory parts. The 25 or so paid pre orders are left in a lurch, no trike and out $3,800. After selling over 6,000 AM's in the USA thru a network of dealers since 2008, slowly dealerships closed, and now AM Corp too has succumbed. But, was it only AMC at fault, or did Wash.DC have some hand in this, quelling the sale of China imports? My 2cents.
I own one and am very happy with this trike(4,000miles) overall, so do many others in the Auto Moto owners(Facebook) club (formally Auto Moto Website). One guy has over 50,000 miles on his AM and still rides it daily as a commuter. Like all China imports tho, proper maintainence is the key,so prepare/learn to diy and get your hands dirty.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg get-attachment.aspx.jpg (20.2 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by savy09; 06-28-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:58 PM   #25

That's almost what the gubment did to the jap bikes long time ago, stated to restrict and tax them bikes into submission...
Tuff to read that about AutoMoto...

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=66...tion=USA&add=1