Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 06-13-2021, 12:04 AM   #1

Continuity of two power wires out of the stator in the wiring harness

I have a 2013 Bashan 150cc scoot that I lost all electrical activity except the headlights and ignition system. Fuse OK. Unplugged the New stator plug at the wiring harness and the voltage reg. from its plug on the harness. While testing the now separate yellow and white wires in the harness I think it's the yellow that is continuous with ground or only has one or two OHMS of resistance to ground. Is there any reason it should go to ground with both ends unhooked? Is it the fact that the yellow wire out of the stator is connected to the headlights through the "tap"? Does the yellow wire find ground through the two high resistance filaments of the headlight bulbs when the voltage reg. and stator are unhooked? I've also unhooked the electric choke in case it's providing this ground source I'm trying to track. I rechecked the two power wires and they aren't continuous with each other
but only the yellow wire that is continuous with ground at the frame with everything unhooked. Thanks in advance for any help as i'm looking for any excuse to not have to dissect that entire wiring harness between the upper passenger side frame and the upper steering column. Also of note it may be important that I've run for a long time with NO battery ! Does that mean any electrical power was having to come out of the voltage reg. RED wire to power this stuff?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-14-2021, 12:43 AM   #2

Studied the li'l wiring diagram for these bikes found in our Owner's manuals. On this site there's somewhere that video on converting our bike from 1/2 wave charging to full wave charging where the author tracks down a "tap" off the yellow wire coming from the stator on its way up to the regulator/rectifier near the steering post. He states that branch off the yellow stator wire is how AC power gets to our headlights. I'm not finding that tap of yellow wire AC power going to the two headlights on the wiring schematics.

Guess I need to get out there and see if removing those two headlight bulbs from their sockets eliminates this yellow wiring grounding out.