Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 07-04-2021, 12:21 AM   #1

NEED Carb Intake Manifold O-Ring

Does anyone know where I can find the o-ring for the intake manifold? I could buy a new intake manifold pipe with the ring but I just need the ring.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18372602658...AAAOSwCJxaHQC~

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-04-2021, 12:35 PM   #2

I have an industrial supply place in my neighborhood. They sell bearings, gaskets and o-rings. Use them for obscure or poorly supported vehicles. Any good hardware store sells o-ring kits as well. And in metric. You just have to be careful and make sure a questionable o-ring can handle higher heat and fuel applications. I've used the metric o-ring kits from Harbor Freight with pretty good luck so far. Any o-ring is better than no o-ring.
Old 07-04-2021, 02:34 PM   #3

Thanks, I'll have to measure the spot it sits in. I was worried about the heat as you said. I was getting a power surge and it got better when I tightened up the manifold so the rest might be from the missing O-ring.

Wow I searched the web again and I found tons of them. Last night my search didn't bring anything up. Looks like I need a 27x2?

Old 07-04-2021, 05:25 PM   #4

Sometimes the online service manuals have common item sizes noted. Genuine scooters do this, as well as SYM/Lance. Racing Planet does, or did, have o-ring sizes, spark plug part numbers and other common info noted. It's no fun when you damage or loose a sealing gasket and have to wait for a $1.00 part to get delivered when a local store would have it in stock. Good luck getting it fixed!
Old 07-04-2021, 06:28 PM   #5

I found one to get me by until I stop in the scooter store for more parts. Harbor Freight had one that worked but it's a bit thicker. I used the 215 in the 382pc kit item #67554. My Roketa sounds much better now thanks again..