Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 04-22-2023, 11:54 PM   #1

Hi Hey everyone, I am new here... Sort of lol

Hey everyone I am actually only kinda new, I lost access to my old account I made because I can't get into my icloud email. So I created my new account with my Gmail instead. But anyways my name is Bo, I live in the Bay area here in California. I work as a mechanic for mainly scooters but also any Chinese brand Motorcycles, dirt bikes, ATV, UTV, go karts, and any other powersport vehicles, and the company I work for is Scooter importers in Alameda California. Before this job, I never even thought about buying a scooter, not that I had anything against them or anything... They just never cought my attention enough for me to say "hey I wanna buy one". But since I started working at this new job about 5 months ago, I now have 3 scooters... Well 5 scooters with my 3 and I got my wife 2. My first scooter is a Lance Powersports Cabo 150, then I bought 2 scooters online but I don't remember what website/company I bought them from because all that info is also in the email I don't have access to anymore. But anyways I bought my wife a pink Taotao Pony atm-50 scooter, and I got myself a TaoTao thunder 50 with the orange color finish witch happens favorite color lol. The main reason why I bought the 2 50cc scooters is so my wife can learn how to ride for 1, and secondly we don't need a motorcycle license for a 50cc. If I get pulled over on my Cabo 150, it's basically just going to get impounded for not having the correct license to be driven on California public roads... And that would suck. But I also had a few other plans for the 50cc scooters, my wife is still a little rusty when it comes to riding, so I'ma wait a few more months or however long until I feel that she is ready but I have a surprise for her. I already have 2 brand new motors to swap onto our scooters when she is ready, I have a 125cc gy6 motor for her, and a 150cc gy6 motor for my scooter. There both brand new still in the box already paid for and set aside at my job. If I brought them home she would for sure notice 2 big boxes with engines in them lol. I already made the custom motor mounts, they just need to be welded to our frames, and I also bought some stretched motor mounts that I think will just bolt between the other mounts I made and the motors, although I'm not too sure because I haven't really looked at them yet. I am planning on buying a 155cc 58.5mm big bore cylinder and a big valve head and performance cam, plus a performance clutch and variator with one of those cvt covers that have the little cutout so you can see the clutch. And I want a performance muffler welded to a shortened OEM pipe for a 150 as well as a custom cold air intake setup using 2 nibbi intake pipes, with a small short pod filter on the end and have that all attached to a fully adjustable 24mm carb. (OEM diameter) and just run a slightly larger pilot jet and a couple sizes larger for the main jet. I also want to get some cool performance rear shocks... And I think that covers everything. Oh yeah 2 more scooters, I bought 2 50cc gen 4 maddogs that I'm going to leave completely original so we can ride those whenever our other scooters are being worked on or having any down time. Well hers is paid for, I'm still paying mine off. And they are hidden at my job Like the motors because I plan on surprising her with everything all at once. Anyways guys this is my introduction ending, have a good one and ride safe everybody!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-25-2023, 05:59 PM   #2

Welcome. You could have emailed us at support@scootdawg.net and we could have fixed your old account so you could access it. Let me know if you'd like to still do that.