Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 07-14-2019, 01:49 PM   #1

Scooter won't start

Ok guys, the other day I was riding at wide open throttle and it hesitated. Didn't die, I let off the throttle then gave it some gas. It was still a little hesitant to go.
I got it home it was idling fine, turned it off turned it back on no problems, I rode it down the street and back. It stumbled at idle then I gave it gas it died and won't fire up.

I checked it's getting fuel to the carb and to the engine.
It's getting air, I can hear it sucking in. Took off the intake and was making same noise of sucking in.
Took out spark plug and put it on the valve cover and I see spark.
Also have compression.
I tried starting it and it just turns over.
1400 miles.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-07-2020, 12:54 PM   #2

Sounds like your jets are clogged, or maybe your float in the carb is stuck closed. does it start with starting fluid?
Old 10-15-2020, 05:56 PM   #3

In addition to what was mentioned already. If engine oil is very low, the engine can over heat and stall at wide open throttle. If continued wide open throttle while over heating, it can die. However, if left to cool, it will start back up and ride again. I've had a time in the past where my oil was very low. Engine would over heat and shut off. I had to pull over a couple times to let cool. Started up dine until I got home to fill oil. I also had a time the pin of the Carburetor float fell out causing fuel starvation. I would also mention air filter considering wide open throttle, but, that shouldn't prevent it from starting as mentioned.

Login or Register to Remove Ads