Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 04-16-2020, 12:11 AM   #1

STP oil treatment. Any benefit ?

I have a 125cc cheap chinese scooter. It’s about 3 1/2 old. One day I changed the oil and put in some 2 cycle oil by accident. The oil was in chinese and I did t realize it was 2 cycle. Now the engine burns some oil. I check it frequently but sometimes it has very little oil left. I don’t want to have it rebuilt cause I don’t think it’s needed. Still has plenty of power. Tops about 65mph. The guy who fixes my scooter when i can’t do it myself charges about $50 for parts and labor for a rebuild. ( I’m in China. It’s cheap. Parts are cheap. Quality is always questionable .). So I saw some STP oil treatment. Was wonder if it might actually reduce the oil burning. Any input?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-17-2020, 11:42 AM   #2

The "mechanic in a can" is always a hold over till a proper repair can be done. I had a Mitsubishi Eclipse that ALWAYS burned oil because the prior owner didn't talk care of it. Ran fine minus the smoke in the exhaust, and I had to add oil to it once in awhile between changes. So, if it runs fine-keep going. If it bothers you, get it fixed. Can't hurt to try the STP, or any other anti-smoke oil additive.

Tags
125 cc, chinese, oil, stp