Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 10-19-2015, 10:44 PM   #1

2012 VIP Future Champion 49cc

Hello,

Just bought my first scooter and have ridden a couple of times just getting used to bike. I was wondering the best method to increase the speed of the scooter. I watched a youtube video showing a guy cutting or he said you coukd pull pink wire out to trick the electrical side then to adjust a ring on pin for mechanical side. This may be silly to ask but is it okay to go this route without cutting wire? Or is there a better option. Appreciate any help.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-26-2015, 11:27 AM   #2

Don't believe most of the stuff like that which is on you tube, the big reason is you need to check when the video was posted. The Chinese that build these are just like American car makers and always improving the product. One thing the Chines do better than most is, they READ THE FORUMS.

If you want your scooter to perform its very best, then properly maintain it and every place you can, reduce friction.

When you have driven the scooter daily enough to get it properly seated, it will give you the most it has. Drive it and get to know how it performs, then you can start making modifications like a BBK, different cam, tuned CVT, etc.

I recently did what I call a SS100 update on a 2009 VIP Future Champion for a scooter shop owner, and the post seating ride is phenomenal. I sat up straight while riding, 6'2" & 260-- this little scooter was topping out at 95kph, but had no difficulty keeping up with traffic on busy multi lane roads or climbing extreme grades.

Before you ask, no I won't post what I do to get it to do this.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:03 AM   #3

I'll go with what bull said and add on do a PDI to make sure your throttle cables are tight, your calipers aren't grabbing etc.... Just do a general inspection on everything and make sure you're not going to lose parts going down the road

Login or Register to Remove Ads