Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > Forum News, Support & Feedback

Old 01-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
Hi Teddy
Thanks for the vote of confidence
Im kind but firm in my beliefs so dont any one take it for weakness on my part
As nice as i am to my friends i can be just as mean to my enemies
I have a dark side as well as a light, the trick is balancing them to utilize the strenghts of both to make the sum of those parts far better as a whole .

I was and always shall be career military
Glenn thanks to you as well my friend
Take care and ride safely dear friends
Yours Hank
Hank..you are very welcome my fellow retired military CPO. Let us not forget our CPO creed..just as I shall never forget the Hippocratic Oath I swore to as a Combat Medic(Corpsman as you know..most do not know what that is..so when I say Medic..they say..ah ok). We treated our fallen enemies with the very same medical care as we did our own troops. As I see it..enemy or not..were are all humans..and war with them was not over hatred of those in front of us...it was over love for those behind us. I too have a dark and light side. On here I tend to be a bit cocky...righteous and probably even borderline humorous. But when the proverbial 'Shit hits the fan' I fall into a serious...fair..non judging and strictly business mode. Odd that you mentioned 'career military' as today my gf took down my retirement shadow box to clean and dust. She pointed out each ribbon and asked what the stars on them meant. So I explained each ribbon and the gold and silver stars..since it was the first time she ever asked about them. Just as yours..each ribbon has a story and while many bring a smile...just as many bring a tear. When I explained the 5 Navy Achievement and 4 Navy Commendation ones she exclaimed "Oh my gawd are you nuts..you could have been killed" To which I replied.."Yes I could have..but dedication to duty and a sworn oath..comes before fear..for you only allow yourself the fear...after your mission is accomplished"
Thank you as well for your service...

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #2

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by carasdad View Post
Hank..you are very welcome my fellow retired military CPO. Let us not forget our CPO creed..just as I shall never forget the Hippocratic Oath I swore to as a Combat Medic(Corpsman as you know..most do not know what that is..so when I say Medic..they say..ah ok). We treated our fallen enemies with the very same medical care as we did our own troops. As I see it..enemy or not..were are all humans..and war with them was not over hatred of those in front of us...it was over love for those behind us. I too have a dark and light side. On here I tend to be a bit cocky...righteous and probably even borderline humorous. But when the proverbial 'Shit hits the fan' I fall into a serious...fair..non judging and strictly business mode. Odd that you mentioned 'career military' as today my gf took down my retirement shadow box to clean and dust. She pointed out each ribbon and asked what the stars on them meant. So I explained each ribbon and the gold and silver stars..since it was the first time she ever asked about them. Just as yours..each ribbon has a story and while many bring a smile...just as many bring a tear. When I explained the 5 Navy Achievement and 4 Navy Commendation ones she exclaimed "Oh my gawd are you nuts..you could have been killed" To which I replied.."Yes I could have..but dedication to duty and a sworn oath..comes before fear..for you only allow yourself the fear...after your mission is accomplished"
Thank you as well for your service...
Hi Glenn
Your most welcome and it was my honor and a distinct pleasure, i feel quite privileged to have been allowed to serve
I salute you as well for your service
I was raised to believe in honor, duty and self sacrifice above all else
Its who i am and i could never change
Take care and ride safely dear friend and comrade
Yours Hank
Old 01-29-2013, 11:30 PM   #3

Hank...I am stealing your signature line to use..going to make a parody of it..
"4wheels move the body....2 wheels move the soul...3 wheels puts your car in the ditch"....

Old 01-29-2013, 11:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Hank...I am stealing your signature line to use..going to make a parody of it..
"4wheels move the body....2 wheels move the soul...3 wheels puts your car in the ditch"....
Hi Glenn
Your welcome to it my friend
Keep in mind our trike riding brothers and sisters though, you wouldnt want to offend any one
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank
Old 01-29-2013, 11:36 PM   #5

isnt it great how our service members, past or present,
are now thanked openly, saluted, nowadays it is a honor to be a service member.

i remember going on my honey moon
in Pittsburgh, Intl. our home area,
1 guy thanked my hubs, he was spit on 3 times
in Atalanta where we transferred to LA.
a guy, young punk, same age as us, threw spaghetti
on him.
in LA omg it was totally TOTALLY horrible

He had on his beret, at that time only 1 group was allowed to wear 'em,

But those memories ares so clear, i really would love to see him in his beret, and uniform in todays atmosphere.
he wouldnt be proud, he'd be humble but just as im sure you guys appreciate the thanks, but realize those that can, do.
Not all men are created equal.

thanks guys for 'walking that line'

2008 Shanghai Schenke Motorcycle Company LTD
model # SL-15021B
added extra turn signals, brake lights on the trunk
saddle bags and a windshield
67 mph top speed ALL STOCK
verified by PSP

"Hillary in 2016"

Old 01-29-2013, 11:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrilee View Post
isnt it great how our service members, past or present,
are now thanked openly, saluted, nowadays it is a honor to be a service member.

i remember going on my honey moon
in Pittsburgh, Intl. our home area,
1 guy thanked my hubs, he was spit on 3 times
in Atalanta where we transferred to LA.
a guy, young punk, same age as us, threw spaghetti
on him.
in LA omg it was totally TOTALLY horrible

He had on his beret, at that time only 1 group was allowed to wear 'em,

But those memories ares so clear, i really would love to see him in his beret, and uniform in todays atmosphere.
he wouldnt be proud, he'd be humble but just as im sure you guys appreciate the thanks, but realize those that can, do.
Not all men are created equal.

thanks guys for 'walking that line'

Hi Terri
My sincere condolences on your loss
I salute your Husband, and im saddened that i wont have the chance to meet him shake his hand and thank him
And i do remember the bad times and the good as i served from 1979 to 2003
Yours Hank
Old 01-30-2013, 12:19 AM   #7

Hank....1981-2003 here. So hey..that means we are no longer 'Fleet Reserve' we are fully retired instead. Shouldn't we get a notification of that? I have not..
@ terrilee I am sorry as well... times then were horrible for service members..but then..even today we have groups that spit on troops...hold up signs that say "The only good soldier is a dead one"...and many that protest at military funerals. All while living in the comforts of their free society..which was brought to them courtesy of men such as your hubby. The audacity of such behaviour makes me irate. They have freedom because of those they condemn..yet they don't have to balls to join and be a part of their freedom. It is similar to those with armed body guards..preaching to us that we have no rights to firearms or self protection. *Steps off his Soap Box*..
Old 01-30-2013, 12:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Hank....1981-2003 here. So hey..that means we are no longer 'Fleet Reserve' we are fully retired instead. Shouldn't we get a notification of that? I have not..
@ terrilee I am sorry as well... times then were horrible for service members..but then..even today we have groups that spit on troops...hold up signs that say "The only good soldier is a dead one"...and many that protest at military funerals. All while living in the comforts of their free society..which was brought to them courtesy of men such as your hubby. The audacity of such behaviour makes me irate. They have freedom because of those they condemn..yet they don't have to balls to join and be a part of their freedom. It is similar to those with armed body guards..preaching to us that we have no rights to firearms or self protection. *Steps off his Soap Box*..

@cara tyvm

become a PGR Patriot Guard Rider,
except as PGR you are NOT allowed to beat 'em up or u'll get kicked out

there was one ride i was on, i almost, almost so Fing close got kicked off
but the other guys held me back and covered my mouth.
as PGR your just supposed to stand there and take it BUT the main purpose to block the view and movement of them sickos, so the family can have some peace . And to ride in honor for their sacrifice

model # SL-15021B
verified by PSP

"Hillary in 2016"

Old 01-30-2013, 12:20 AM   #9

we were in from '75-'86

and hankers thanks you
but you knew all that, lol
but i understand you alot better now then 2 yrs or more ago when we met

im sure he'd like you alot, except ur a Fing squid

love ya bud

model # SL-15021B
verified by PSP

"Hillary in 2016"

Old 01-30-2013, 12:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrilee View Post
we were in from '75-'86

and hankers thanks you
but you knew all that, lol
but i understand you alot better now then 2 yrs or more ago when we met

im sure he'd like you alot, except ur a Fing squid

love ya bud
Hi Terri
Maybe so But i was was of that rare breed that faced their enemy personally not just from shipboard
Your familiar with these im quite sure

CH C by inuyasha50, on Flickr
Yours Hank
Old 01-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #11

Thumbs Up

LOL
im sure he would say this......
well we will take 3-4 points off , cause your a squid,
but since you have that coin? we will give u 99 points
well come join us, let me buy you a drink, wanna come over the
house for dinner? etc etc

there is really something VERY unique among all
spec ops groups. they know, they know what each team is capable of.

not saying NON spec ops people arent brave, great soldiers, sailors etc
but spec ops are spec ops.
i dont have to explain this to you
i still have his challenge coin.

model # SL-15021B
verified by PSP

"Hillary in 2016"

Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
Hi Terri
Maybe so But i was was of that rare breed that faced their enemy personally not just from shipboard
Your familiar with these im quite sure

CH C by inuyasha50, on Flickr
Yours Hank
Hank awesome..did not know that about you my friend. Many think we Navy are just ship bound. Not so...many of us are 'Ground Pounders" 2nd Battalion 6th Marines...3rd Battalion 6th Marines...3rd Battalion 4th marines...8th Combat Engineers and my final a fave duty... 2nd Force Recon.Did one stint on the USS John C Stennis CVN74..precommed that ship. Worst 3 years of my life..no grass or dirt for cover in case of incoming fire...and walking on steel decks is hard on the feet and knees.Not to mention all night flight ops with F18..F14's and Helo's launching during your 2-3 hours allotted sleep at night. Also we trained with 101st Airborne...and one SEAL Team that taught us cover,concealment,Land NAV and Night Ops. Parachuted 3 times with 101st Airborne.. Ok let me rephrase that with honesty... Was PUSHED out of a plane 3 times with 101st Airborne wearing a Parachute.(All wise Squids know you don't jump out of a perfectly good airplane..that is for emergency purposes only!) 2nd Force Recon...our snipers were ONE HARDY group... departing our unit at night and spent 3-4 days no food or water(except what they found edible) on their bellies in the prone position the whole time..never standing up! Training with the SEALS was fun..talk about pranksters!! Sneak in at night..capture our night watchmen..confiscate ammo and unguarded weapons and ammo..disable our vehicles and destroy our food supply(But hell MRE's are already destroyed..some real nasty constipate you for a week food as you know) One day will send you a pic of my Ghillie suit a 2nd Class SEAL taught me to make....took 3 weeks in the field to make it. My most prized possession... from my service. With cover scent while deer hunting they have walked within 10 feet of me...were a bit jittery and nervous...yet clueless... When it comes to Special Forces..I can no longer watch old episodes of Macgyver...pfft too fake and a mere Amateur he was Sir...