Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > Member Reviews & Reports > Scooters

Old 06-16-2017, 09:58 PM   #1

New seat is $75 and my seat guy is sloooooow, so I may just take it off the road while the seat is being redone. It (seat) REALLY hurts my back and the jarring suspension is not helping either. So basically it has not been ridden in 2 weeks. If it gets pushed to the back of the garage thats a death sentence, as I will loose interest in it! Gotta do something soon. Other than the horrible ergonomics for my lower back I still like it. Guess Im just a glutton for punishment, but my back finally said NO! So its off the road till a solution is found. Lets see how corrected seat ergos work!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-17-2017, 07:41 PM   #2

Just found out something interesting. It seems Adly sells a 70cc bbk (thru Bintelli) that if installed by the dealer you keep the remainder of your 2 year warranty! It keeps the stock exhaust, just has more noise AND speed. May look into it..... Curious to know if its a cast iron kit or a aluminum kit. Sure I will never find out who makes it either but it seems good quality. The shop Bullseye scoot MOVES with the kit installed and has a good number of miles on it with no issues.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:46 AM   #3

So I pulled the trigger on the dealer installed 70cc kit that maintains the full factory warranty (I have around 1 year and 9 months left) and has been proven with their shop scoot that has the same kit. Will post the total price with the break-down when it gets done. Still gotta do something with the seat and the rear shock, but now I will be able to hit bumps going faster and get bucked/smacked harder! Going to be weird having someone else do the bbk because I have built/tuned many motors BUT it will be nice still having a warranty. Keep everyone posted. Oh, going to start collecting some data points from my stock motor first as the bbk will be around 2 weeks away. Operating temps, compression, rpm's and I might do a lambda check also just to have them. Also getting the old parts back. Always save the old stock parts if they are still good.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:50 PM   #4

Bintelli got back to me and said that the short end of the switch points to what is FLOWING and whatever the long end covers is NOT flowing. Nice to know, just not willing to test it yet! Ordered the 70cc bbk. It's a street cast iron kit. Have crazy data points from a week of riding the stock set-up. Post results when done!
Old 07-18-2017, 10:38 AM   #5

Oh boy, I hope they were messing with me! I dropped the RT50 off to get the bbk installed. If a dealer installs the Bintelli approved bbk the warranty does not void. The kit is a nice cast iron, plated cylinder walls with a matching head. Forgot the "brand" but its Taiwan made. Dealer told me they normally DONT HAVE TO RE-JET FOR A BBK!? What, it will lean seize! Again, I hope they are joking. I have about 2 weeks of deep data collecting on the stock motor so if something does go wrong I can prove it was their fault. I work in the emissions engineering field for a highly respected small engines company, so I have access to some very nice resources. Finally, the whole thing came up to $360ish. The bbk was around $250! and install labor was around $100. Fingers crossed they do it right and I dont have to get ugly. Only reason I didnt do it myself is I dont want to loose the warranty and the extra beast mode motor I was going to toss on the RT50 needs more work than Im willing to put into it right now.

Old 07-25-2017, 01:21 AM   #6

Ok, got it back from the shop. The 70cc is a cast iron kit. Adly (Bintelli) told them there is NO NEED TO UP-JET OR ADJUST ANYTHING! So far, idle/pilot temps look good, mid-range (needle) 25-35mph hits 300F, and WOT (main jet) 40-47mph (MAX speed with stock gearing) hits 280F. Going to do some plug chops just to make sure, and collect some current data points. Still being gentle on the break-in for the first 200 miles or so, but I have punched it a couple of times.... Keeps up with cars off the line now and is actually pretty fun to ride. Seat still hurts my booty, have to get off my butt and get it redone! Updates after I get more miles on the bbk. Oh, and $230ish for the kit and $100ish for labor. Keeps the remainder of my warranty-1 year and 9 months left. Cant find the receipt right now. So far worth the money spent.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:49 PM   #7

Have just under 500 miles on the bbk and so far so good. Will hold a solid 45mph for as long as I care to hold the throttle pegged. After going on a group ride with way faster scoots I think the kit is good to go. My CHT ring broke and my tach started reading weird rpm's but I have been looking into a Vapor dash or Koso. Have yet to fix the seat padding but have got kinda used to it since I have made it my daily runner. Will look into a better rear shock, as getting bucked can get scary sometimes! Lets see, what else..... Bintelli said a rear rack is in the works, still waiting.