Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > Member Reviews & Reports > Scooters

Old 08-20-2017, 07:49 PM   #1

Have just under 500 miles on the bbk and so far so good. Will hold a solid 45mph for as long as I care to hold the throttle pegged. After going on a group ride with way faster scoots I think the kit is good to go. My CHT ring broke and my tach started reading weird rpm's but I have been looking into a Vapor dash or Koso. Have yet to fix the seat padding but have got kinda used to it since I have made it my daily runner. Will look into a better rear shock, as getting bucked can get scary sometimes! Lets see, what else..... Bintelli said a rear rack is in the works, still waiting.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-08-2017, 10:26 PM   #2

So I got tired of Adly/Bintelli dragging their feet with a rear rack option, and the more I think about it a rear rack would be really bulky so I think I found a good solution. A Kriega Drypack US5 (5 liter) that mounts to the rear fender. I wish I knew how to post photos. It looks good and stays put. I no longer fear getting caught in the rain while out joy riding now. Downside, the RT50 does not get ridden much anymore, so the $60 bag price is kinda a waste of money now. I just enjoy my 89 Zuma so much more. Trying to find a nice way to get rid of the Adly, but it was a birthday gift from my wife and I dont want to hurt her feelings. So this is the last post concerning my impressions with a Adly RT50. A much sexier older lady has taken its place, and she's named Zuma!
Old 11-13-2017, 11:38 AM   #3

Finally got the blessing to get rid of the Adly RT50. My back cannot do the ergos for more than 50 miles so it has been sitting, taking up space. The shop that sold it to me is not interested in doing a consignment and offered me a cash offer fit for a crack addict. Don't wanna deal with selling it but would take $800 for it. Not sure if the warranty transfers over as I have a bit over a year left. Will probably donate it to a thrift store. No hassle of selling it and take the tax write-off instead.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:07 PM   #4

ScOOter----Hope this helps----You said that you wanted a manual. I have a 2006 Sportster 1200 with a trike kit(bum leg) I got a manual thru Amazon. They might have what you're looking for. It's worth a try anyway! Irish
Old 11-27-2017, 11:25 AM   #5

Donated the RT50 to the Salvation Army, gonna take the auction amount as a tax write-off. Irish, what kit do you have for you Harley? We had a horrible experience with Tow Pac. If a quality manufacturer comes out with a trike scooter (Genuine makes one for the overseas market) the wife would down size from her Spyder.

Old 03-06-2018, 10:47 AM   #6

Wow! Got $1500 for a tax write-off on the Adly RT50. Not saying that it holds a resale value (dealer that sold it to me offered me like $400 for it, so that says something!) but overall I guess the right people were at the auction at the same time. Other updates. Wife traded the Can Am Spyder in on a new 2018 Crosstrek. So, down to 2 scooters and 2 cars. Now to clear out all the horizontal Minarelli stuff.