Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 07-19-2019, 04:26 PM   #1

Mz moskito sx build help

I have a 2002 mz moskito sx. Engine number CPI 50c*014042*. I got it from a guy who changed the cylinder and piston in it because the original piston broke a ring and scratched up the cylinder wall. When he started it up it ran then quit. When he took the head off the piston was broke. I've tried googling the engine number and can't find what's compatible with mine. I tried using the numbers and letters on the cylinder and still can't find anything. Please help. The original cylinder number are 3xg00 49cm square. On the cylinder he replaced it with is 3xy00 49cm square. What piston do i need to get for 3xy00 cylinder or is that one not compatible with my motor? If it's not which ones are? I would like to be able to get the scooter up to at least 60mph in the future.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-19-2019, 08:56 PM   #2

All I know is those where made by CPI, hence the motor name. CPI makes great products but they are crazy rare in the States. Racing Planet sells parts for them, but you will have to cross reference what model yours is in CPI trim. Good luck getting it right!
Old 07-19-2019, 09:00 PM   #3

How would do i cross reference the model in cpi trim? I'm assuming the model is the one on the title correct?

Old 07-20-2019, 10:44 AM   #4

If you have the original parts you can measure and match. I'd be concerned about why the engine is breaking parts. Timing or cooling issues?
Old 07-20-2019, 10:49 AM   #5

Thank you I'll take the originals to the parts store. I have no ideal i just got it and that's what i was told. Maybe the piston was a bad one. At least that's what I'm hope.

Old 07-20-2019, 10:51 AM   #6

Does anyone know what other motors canbolt on to the gram i have? If it's really a pain to get parts for the one i got I'm thinking i should just replace it with one that's easier to get parts for
Old 07-20-2019, 11:09 AM   #7

Not as simple as bolting in another motor. Wiring will come into play. Its a simple 2 stroke. Racing Planet sells pretty much anything you need to get it running, but dont expect to get it to 60 mph. A reliable 45 mph should be easy, 55 modded without the 100% reliability. And by comparing your photo of the scooter, CPI Popcorn.