Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 05-22-2017, 07:41 PM   #1

Need help find the right carb..

Picked up a 2011 tomos nitro 50cc...came in a bunch of boxes...lol..So i have been trying to put it back together and im down to the carb......So far I have changed the gas filter and line, emptied the tank and changed the filter in the tank. pair system removal,set valves ,cleaned carb and new plug.....It starts up nice and will idle all day..take off is great but bogs out at 1/2 throttle .....Did the valves at 3 setting ,played with the mix screw and still no good...The carb has been played with alot and its pretty beat up..I dont think its the stock carb.......

So im looking for advice on what 4 stroke carb to pick up..A plug n play one would be nice...lol...My intake only has one vac port also....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3738.jpg (91.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3734.jpg (91.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3732.jpg (86.7 KB, 3 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-23-2017, 06:02 AM   #2

Probably an 18mm, measure ID of the throat on your old one. Lots of carbs available in the $20 - $25 range.....just search 'GY6 50cc carb'. Don't get sucked into high performance, racing, etc., etc.... It is all bull poo.

The problem you described with your old carb, is a classic sign of too much main jet. Bigger is not always better.