Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 250cc +

Old 12-13-2017, 10:41 AM   #1

I have had 2 Honda Helix's and one of those QLINK's (made by CF MOTO) and if that happened to me I wouldn't worry about it. I do know a dipstick from a Helix would work as a replacement, as the QLINK we had the dipstick shattered (plastic got brittle quick) and I just pulled a dipstick out of a extra Helix motor and used that instead. I have also seen CNC long handle dip sticks as I had one on my Helix. Can't recall who I purchased it from, been a long time.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-13-2017, 03:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
I have had 2 Honda Helix's and one of those QLINK's (made by CF MOTO) and if that happened to me I wouldn't worry about it. I do know a dipstick from a Helix would work as a replacement, as the QLINK we had the dipstick shattered (plastic got brittle quick) and I just pulled a dipstick out of a extra Helix motor and used that instead. I have also seen CNC long handle dip sticks as I had one on my Helix. Can't recall who I purchased it from, been a long time.
If I need a part, I just buy a Helix part. I ordered a new Helix dipstick off eBay for $9,05 with free shipping. Finding CFMOTO parts can be a problem. It's a clone of the Helix, same thing. As for that little piece, I'm going to sit down and comb every half inch of the area beside where it was parked. I would really like to know where it is.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:14 PM   #3

The only thing Helix that does not work correctly on a CFMoto/QLINK is the fuel cap. The original QLINK fuel cap gave me problems from the start. Leaked fuel and you could always smell gas while riding. So, I grab the new in bag Helix gas cap for the 2001 Helix I was fixing for a winter project. Yes! No more gas vapor smell. Then, I got vapor lock. Helix gas caps come in different pressures, like a radiator cap, that varies from year to year. The QLINK has a weird tank system to meet more modern emission standards. Being "smart" I poked a tiny hole in the Helix cap, then the QLINK didnt want to idle smooth. Switches/controls have different wiring inside of them also. Its because of the hazard lights on the QLINK that the Helix didn't (ever) have. There are a few more small things that escape memory, but we no longer have the QLINK and I replaced the Helix with a Burgman 200.

Login or Register to Remove Ads