Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 04-05-2016, 03:05 PM   #1

Some expert help and insight

Hi guys...I have been "lurking" around this forum for some time, but today decided to sign up. :-)

I have read lots of posts about BBK and what is best, and what must one do etc...( I have done some homework ) , but have now decided to actually go through with the GY6 (152 qmi) 125cc, engine build up, but lack the hands on experience that you guys have. I am technically minded and capable and have some tools to work.....I just need an honest opion of what will work best from the people who know what they are talking about.

I have a scooter that i have had standing in the garage for over a year and a half. I have now decided to restore it. I would like to get some extra speed (goes no faster than 50mph/53mph) on top end as well as some power. I dont expect it to hit 90 mph, but a little more unfff would be nice when squeezing throttle. From what i have read, the 180 cc (58.5mm) BBK is a straight fit with no case boring and no need to open case.

The 200 cc (61mm) kit on the other hand needs some case work done from what i understood and read.(if im wrong, please correct me)

Here under are 2 kits i have found and interest me:
180cc :

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/GY6-1...0010.17.n03WSN

200cc:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/GY6-1...510620459.html

What do you guys think about these kits? Is what this man is selling any good and the setup he has will it work nicely as a kit? Any other modifications i could do with this setup? A recommended cluth/variator combination you guys actually know work well? Or maybe another setup (not breaking the bank though :-) that would give me what im looking for?

I would like to thankyou all in advance. any help/opinions would be appreciated.

A big HELLO from Belgium
Paulo

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-07-2016, 02:20 PM   #2

Not one kind and humane expert to give an honest opinion ?
Old 04-07-2016, 06:12 PM   #3

Hi Paulo, Give em some time. The boards are a little slow these days, and some of the members are getting in their first rides of the season.. I know nothing about doing BBK changeovers, so I'm not much help.. but welcome to the board.. You might also check over on scooterdoc or maybe google search for bbk scooter forum for a site more specific to mods.. Have a great day...

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-08-2016, 02:50 AM   #4

Good morning Novaraptor..

I feel relieved. Thanks for comment and extra info.. :-)

Have a great weekend
Paulo