Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 06-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #1

Gag Gas Tank Sending Unit Honda CH150

I just got a 1986 honda elite Ch150D: It has very low mileage and had been sitting for a long time ( covered off wheels and in a dark location in a garage. When the person stored it they forgot to drain the gas. As you can quess the tank was all gummed up and the gas was, almost a gel. Lucky the fuel tank popcock valve kept the gas out of the carburator ( Only needed a cleaning of the sediment bowl and jets ( very easily done.)
I cleaned the tank completely- removed rust inside and got it coated with a gas tank coating. After doing all this it then started like charm. There is one problem left to solve : The gas tank sending unit was gummed all up and when I was cleaning it up I notice the contacts for the sending unit were shot. it just fell of it's mounting. I test the resistor coil and it worked and the gauge would go from full to empty. MY problem is I tried to get another sending unit for my model ( hondadealers said they are discontinued for that model. I would like to know if any other model sending unit would work can be modified to work ( Just using the bracket where the contacts were mounted on, or maybe the complete unit might work. Can making new contacts work and how do I go about it, Or which other models sending unit will ( this unit has three wires ) It seems like a little thing but I'll like to make it like new ( which it really is ( 350 KM onyl) Any help or suggestion will really appreciated .

Login or Register to Remove Ads