Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #1

Time to buy my first Scooter - Looking and Confused

Thanks for such a great resource for newbees!

I really need some advice on selection of the right scooter. I've read articles, reviews and lurked here for a couple of weeks trying to do research on the right scooter. I bought my wife a 2002 Vespa et4 hardly ridden because she does Not like to tinker. With two 70's Rancheros to keep running I do. I'm also fairly heavy so I'm thinking that if I want to keep up with her on rides I need a 250cc + scoot?

So far I've looked at the Linhai Aeolus 260 Majesty clone, the Roketa 250B and the JCL 250A with the idea that the 257cc Linhai engine looked like one I'd be able to find parts for in years to come. I've looked at Znen but heard their 260 has issues. I've also looked at the Fashion helix clone, but they are ugly and thankfully I can't find one. I'm at the point where I don't know what the best available choice is. I'm hoping for suggestions, advice and opinions!

I've looked at several dealers and in talking to them have experienced the Good (Valley Scooters), the Bad (ScooterDepot) and the Ugly (PowersportsMax, who sold me a JCL they didn't have and refuses to release to funds from my card after cancellation). So not only would I welcome help with the type of ride but also with the dealer. Valley was great but doesn't have one in stock. So what I need is a Scooter that is a good buy, somewhere around $3000 delivered (the less the better) and available for purchase. I'm OK with doing my own PDI and OK with maintaining the ride but I do want decent long term reliability. Yes, I'm OK with a decent used model but can't seem to find anything.

I'm located 3 hours and 30 years South of Atlanta and there are no dealers other than Honda/Yamaha near me and they have nothing in stock but 50cc. No other B&M stores to buy from and nothing on CL either... We have a large building my wife operates her business out of with lots of extra space and fenced & covered outdoor parking. I'm trying to convince her that opening a dealer location would be good idea but I figure first I ought to ride!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Tags
250cc, first scooter, help picking scooter