Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 02-28-2017, 07:49 AM   #1

New Scooter owner. 150cc Lancer.

Hello.

Just ordered my new 150cc Taotao lancer. I did some research and it seemed about the best deal for the price. I have some questions, Its comming by UPS freight hopefully Monday. I have a few questions as to what to expect.

I have had a 150 before but it was used, Never unboxxed one before, I have been unable to find a 150 PDI or instructions on Assembly, To this point I Assume it will be in the paper work with the scooter?

I have watched and read that people recamend changing out the Fuel lines and Filters. Letting it idle for 20 minutes to let the gaskets heal seal then drain and change the oil as its packed with 'shipping oil'.

Beyond this I am clueless! What do I need to know, What can I expect? And most importantly, Does it come with all the tools I need or do i need to invest in tools before it comes?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-01-2017, 06:49 AM   #2

http://www.taotao.us/default/assets/...FE%20START.pdf
Old 03-09-2017, 07:23 PM   #3

Congratulations on the new scoot.
I have a Lancer too, and am quite pleased with it. I had watched the Youtube, video series (episode #1 linked below) prior to purchasing mine. Even though it follows work on a 50cc, the process is the same. I did pretty much everything except the tire valves as the low profile tires are difficult to work with; I'll change the valves when I get new tires.
The only real problem I had was charging the battery. I have threads about it here and it came down to the regulator/rectifier being wired improperly. Since then, I haven't had any issues with the battery dying.
I modified the intake and exhaust, but sometimes wish I just left it stock. Where's the fun in that, though.

Login or Register to Remove Ads