Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2018, 02:51 PM   #5

Hi rks How do you do? Thank you for your reply! No sir, I haven't split the case. I keep thinking the chain is bad. Nobody has been able to affirmatively answer my inquiry except you. Many folks must have seen what gear their chain is on when removing the head or adjusting the valves, doing BBK's etc. The noticeable engine miss has haunted me for quite some time and I thought...AHAAA!...I have the chain on the wrong crank sprocket! But no...just trying to alleviate splitting the case you know? I do know the crank gear with the sharper sprocket-like teeth on it is to the outside of the case behind the oil seal and seems to line up with the camshaft sprocket real well. The gear with the more blunt looking "cogged" teeth is on the inside; closer to the center of the crank.
Your breakdown "free" mileage statistic is amazing! 2011 must have been a good year in Scooter manufacturing land! This Peace scooter is a 2014 with 11K and change on the clock.
One can see in the very good photos of the crankgear sprockets on Ebay, that one of those gears is TALLER than the other. Hard to tell if they have the same amount of teeth, but it looks like they might, and I count 17 as well like you did...so, there must be 34 Teeth on a standard camshaft sprocket.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by GrouchyOle'Man; 04-05-2018 at 04:36 PM.