Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 12-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #1

04 TGB with Morini engine runs bad when warm

I found the ground wire off of the coil. Cleaned everything n put it back rite. Still same... Runs fine the 1st 10 min, then it acts almost like the fuel line is being intermittently pinched. Won't idle, give it a lil throttle n it sputters, a lil more, more sputter, then it takes off. I've taken the carb apart n cleaned it a cupple times, new plug, different intake tube. No oil injection, so Can I be adding too much oil at 4 oz per gallon? Could it be low compression? It has a bit over 15k miles on it, but someone changed the jug n head at some point cuz there not stock Morini. They are DR racing. Any Ideas??? Please and Thanks Guys.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #2

Maybe the float level in the carb is low? Or the fuel delivery is slow, not allowing the float bowl to stay at the proper level? Fuel filter or fuel pump?

Or it could be something in the ignition that starts failing when hot, ignition coil or cdi?

The pilot jet could be partially clogged or the fuel/air mixture screw too lean. For the first 10 minutes the auto bystarter adds extra fuel, but when it closes the pilot circuit is running lean?
Old 12-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #3

Ive cleaned the carb reallg well,but am still fine tuning the float level. It has a racing cdi, but yes there could be something wrong with it. It was on it already. I got it running a bit better but still real rough at liwer rpm. Think I need a carb cuz its a stock Morini with a #75 main jet n manual choke.

Login or Register to Remove Ads