Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 05-14-2015, 12:00 AM   #1

Issue With Brand New TaoTao

Hey guys, I'm new here, and new to the scooter world. I bought a 2014 TaoTao BWS 150 a week ago from a dealer who honors warranty, but in an effort to save gas and time, I'm trying to fix issues myself.

A few days ago, I had stopped the scooter whilst I was eating lunch, and afterwards I went back out to ride some more and the electric start wouldn't engage; in fact it didn't even act like the bike was turned on. It gave no response whatsoever. So I kickstarted it and went about my business. In the days since, it's been kind of rainy and I haven't ridden it, but I have taken the time to replace the factory batter and changed the oil. I changed the battery hoping that would fix the electric start issue, but no luck. Also, it doesn't want to kickstart now. I'm so lost, and was hoping that some of y'all may know from my simple description what is going on!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-14-2015, 08:26 AM   #2

Maybe the dealer will give you a used loaner while he fixes the issue's. If you have a warranty I'd use it myself.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:23 PM   #3

Update: The issue was very minuscule. The battery connector had a bad fuse, and once I popped a spare in, it started right up with no problems. The dealer said he would send me extra fuses if I wanted them since that one didn't last. He was very helpful, and I am once again very happy with my scooter!

Old 05-17-2015, 03:02 AM   #4

I hate to be the bearer of bad new, but unless someone was messing around with your bike's electrical while you were eating, you probably haven't fixed the problem yet.

The blown fuse was a symptom of another problem, and most definitely not the only thing wrong with the bike. You haven't fixed whatever that other problem is. You should keep spare fuses on the bike at all times, until you fix whatever the problem is.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad new, but unless someone was messing around with your bike's electrical while you were eating, you probably haven't fixed the problem yet.

The blown fuse was a symptom of another problem, and most definitely not the only thing wrong with the bike. You haven't fixed whatever that other problem is. You should keep spare fuses on the bike at all times, until you fix whatever the problem is.
I actually believe that I myself blew the fuse by making a stupid mistake. I haven't had any issues whatsoever since I swapped the fuse out.