Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 250cc +

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2014, 12:08 AM   #1

Hey guys,
I'm new here and well to just about everything scooter wise. I just preordered a 2014 Roketa 250cc 54B from Superior Power Sports, they told me to expect delivery first week of April.
I have a ton of questions for you guys, I hope you don't mind answering for me.
First set of questions, Oil; it says 15w-40 but can I use a motorcycle oil as long as it the right weight or is there a scooter oil made just for them? I'm hoping I can use something I can pick up locally. I want to use full synthetic but I'm wondering about the break in period, will synthetic be Ok for this? What brands do you guys recommend?
Also, for gear oil I'm assuming their really isn't a break in period just oil changes at recommended intervals. I want to use the best I can get, how do you guys feel about Royal Purple or Amsoil?
I see the oil filter is a mesh screen, how do you guys wash this out? Do you use oil to flush it? Also is their a magnet in there to clean? If not, what do you think about putting one in the filter?
Whats the general consensus of how to drive the scooter to break it in, I see a lot of different opinions, are there any tests ran on how the best way too break it in? I see 3 different ways from what I can tell, the manual, beat the hell out of it, and totally disregard it all together and just drive it.
What about performance parts? As in a performance air filter and ignition coil.
Sorry for so many and unfortunately that's all I have for now, Thank you guys in advance for your imput!

Login or Register to Remove Ads