Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 08-23-2015, 06:19 PM   #1

Doh! Interesting Vacuum line problem

So my son was complaining about his CY-50A dying at stop signs and lights and such. So I figured it was about to time to adjust the valves. and give him a once over.

So I adjust the valves, as expected they are way tight. bring them back into spec and double check and button up the valve cover. and fire him and he is running great. Put up my toys while he running... all is good, take it up the road and he dies at the first stop sign. so I think back home and start poking at it.

What I notice is that while it's on the center stand it runs fantastic, but take it off the center stand he starts to bog down and die. I was able to duplicate that while on the center stand by putting my weight on the back end.

Now I was really scratching my head....

I started wiggling things with my hand. come to find that the vacuum line to the pair system was cracked, when on the center stand there was just enough tension on the line to seal it off but when off the stand it started leaking....

Anyway problem solved.... Good times, I was really scratching my head for while there for such a simple problem....

Peace

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-23-2015, 06:42 PM   #2

That is exactly why some of us recommend removal of the entire system as soon as you get a scooter. Every one of those things will cause problems sooner or later.

Good job ferreting out the culprit, most people replace a half dozen good parts, before even thinking about the problem plagued emissions system.