Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 11-08-2015, 03:32 PM   #1

Headlights

Hey Guys need some help here with my TaoTao Lancer 150. The head lights have suddenly stopped working, I've replaced the VR, tested the charging system seems to be charging fine but I'm not getting power to the head lights feeling kinda stuck, I cannot figure out whats up.

I'm open to any ideas, I guess I'm just gonna start tracing wires till I find something. If you have any suggestions fire away.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-09-2015, 10:26 AM   #2

Have you checked the fuse? I don't know much about scooters but I'm just going after the obvious. I've found that (with motorcycles ) it's usually something simple Irish
P.S. Check the switch!

Last edited by Irish; 11-09-2015 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Add PS
Old 11-09-2015, 11:37 AM   #3

i am experiencing a similar issue on the same bike (lancer 150 taotao). the stator is pushing out good power, so long as its not plugged in, but as soon as i plug it in, the volts drop badly, down to 5-7. my charging system is working, and the VR is brand new. im guessing theres something going on in the wire harness that i cant find

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-11-2015, 11:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyfangR View Post
i am experiencing a similar issue on the same bike (lancer 150 taotao). the stator is pushing out good power, so long as its not plugged in, but as soon as i plug it in, the volts drop badly, down to 5-7. my charging system is working, and the VR is brand new. im guessing theres something going on in the wire harness that i cant find
Yeah I'm considering just buying a new harness, ststor and and vr and maybe even upgrading the ststor and vr